My introduction to a 7 string

• Thread starter projectjem
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

projectjem

fact me till i fart
Reaction score
hiya, i think this is my first proper post so ill introduce my latest acquisition.

ive been unsure as to whether or not I would feel comfortable with a 7 string. but im happy to say my curiosity often gets the better of me. i decided it was probably a good idea to keep it cheap as ive got 2 exhibitions running right now and there quite pricey. and also if it turned out not to be the thing for me, i wouldnt have lost much money.

alas i stumbled upon an infamous Harley-benton ibanez rip-off that for a £100 was just begging to be bought. once i had acquired it i decided it needed BLINGING! so here we go

deeptoot1.jpg

ts basically a 24 fret 7 string H/H and an alder body. after a thorough set-up it was playing pretty good. the trem is actually surprisingly good, i have had not had it lose tuning yet and its seen some heavy wammy use.
The main downfall seems to be the slightly shabby p/up and wammy routing, but to tell the truth i was expecting alot worse than this.

deeptoot3.jpg

deeptoot2.jpg

deeptoot4.jpg

things done
EVO 7 in bridge
BLAZE neck in the neck
coil split on push/pull pot on tone nob.
green clip-lock
pink-holo inlay

you might think im mad, putting these in a relatively cheap guitar, but if/when i chose to upgrade i can transfer these over nice n easily.

things to do
yellow p.up rings
pink.green p/up bobbins

i also have a piezo system that i might be linking it up with, giving 2 outputs.

ps i liked the idea of neon colours with black very appropriate for this year! and i love a project,e specially if its cheap :)

enjoy

tim

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
looks nice, welcome to the forum!

SHREDTOKILL

LOW AND SLOW
Reaction score
you should have cut the headstock.
but other than that.
i think it looks awsome.
nice job dude.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
Had both nobs been green I think it'd look a ton better.

However, kudos to you for taking a cheap guitar and making it your own.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Also, you're planning on changing the pickup bobbins????????! If so, post a picstory!

projectjem

fact me till i fart
Reaction score
Had both nobs been green I think it'd look a ton better.

However, kudos to you for taking a cheap guitar and making it your own.

i wanted to go one green one yellow ala jem20th and also it reminds me that one is a pull pot.:shred:

')