My ltd H 307

master of the human race

Reaction score
And here is the inlay idea, just a quick sketch
IMAG0068.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try emailing them and asking nicely? If that's still the case you might be s.o.l... I haven't seen any other dealers for those tuners but I may be wrong.

master of the human race

Reaction score
Ya I emailed them. I'm kind of set on these since they a have a 40:1 gear ratio. I was after LSRs but they're now owned by that fag Ed Roman. I'm a stickler for tuning stability and get very frustrated when i can't tune properly. So much so that I've thrown my baby across the room.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard that 18:1 locking tuners and a good nut give you just as good of tuning stability as the high year ratio tuners. I'm not an expert on it but from my understanding the nut also has a big part on tuning stability.

And I've thrown a couple babies in my time, I can relate. :lol:

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Where did you buy that stripper? Fuck that's effective :lol:

2. Your nut is more important than the tuners for stability. The LSR/Steinberger tuners will just give you more tuning precision than regular tuners. I'm sure there's a better way to get 7 than buying 2 packs though. There are a few guys around here that have them

How are you planning on doing the inlay?

master of the human race

Reaction score
1. Where did you buy that stripper? Fuck that's effective :lol:

2. Your nut is more important than the tuners for stability. The LSR/Steinberger tuners will just give you more tuning precision than regular tuners. I'm sure there's a better way to get 7 than buying 2 packs though. There are a few guys around here that have them

How are you planning on doing the inlay?

The stripper worked well, but the heat gun made quick work of everything. I got it at home depot in the paint aisle. Just be careful not to get it on your binding. It eats it up.

I should have said I need precision tuning as well. I had 12:1 ratio and I couldn't tune the B string properly at all. My nut popped off so I'm thinking about making my own out of brass or aluminum. I went to guitar center and asked if they could order 7 for me. The salesman was very helpful and told me to go to gibson's website since they own steinberger now. I also really like how they look. Not as much as LSRs but still cool.

Levi79

Reaction score
I got 7 in line tuners from Warmoth for my build. I think you can get individuals from lmii too. Unless you're looking for something specific.

master of the human race

Reaction score
I got 7 in line tuners from Warmoth for my build. I think you can get individuals from lmii too. Unless you're looking for something specific.

I am, that's the problem. I'll figure it out sooner or later. These were perfect because I have a 3-4 configuration. I wouldn't of had to worry about 3-3 then a specific side. I'm looking into it a little deeper. If I find out something I'll be sure to let you dudes know

Reaction score
Apollogies for the necro-bump - if it is one - but I am interested to see the results on this thing. I have always liked the H207/307's and this has definitely caught my interest.

I just hope the end result is stunning for this. Looks sick so far, especially that inlay!!!

EDIT: And as for what color, I say purple. The green is too common and would be too much like the stock see-thru green. What color hardware are you doing with it? An evil 7-stirng Caggiano-ish model would look sweet, and there's NO purple Horizon 7's out there...

master of the human race

Reaction score
Oh i painted it rust, I'm still working on it as I need pickup rings, so I can't move on my project right now, and I'm broke so yeah. theres that.... I really lost interest in posting pics and shit on here though

master of the human race

Reaction score
I'm still not going to post pics...until it's done! too much of a pain in the ass. To let you guys in on my progress...Instead of pickup rings I just got some pieces of poplar and made some fins for each side. I put them on today, Their solid as fuck! Quite innovative on my part (smug asshole face) All that's left is for me to do is pick up a capacitor and solder all the electronics in. For the inlay I'm waiting for a while. My friend let me borrow his backup 6 to play for the time being and I fucking hate it! I need my baby god dammit! I restrung it without the pickups and played acoustically for 2 hours today it made me realize that this IS and ALWAYS will be MY guitar. To play anything else goes against the laws of nature.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty cool idea with the way you are mounting the pickups, very interested to see how it turned out.

master of the human race

Reaction score
Post pics and shit!! haha no seriously, I'm pumped to see how it turned out

You know what's funny is that the day I finished it I got banned. The thing sounds like a cello out of my mesa. It still has stupid high action so i need to find someone to level it out. Pics will come soon I guess....(don't own a camera) or phone....

')