My name is..

• Thread starter sethmetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sethmetal

Reaction score
Seth. Hi guys.
I'm not really "NEW" here, but I never posted much.
(just lurked it up)

I'm gonna try to get more involved in the 7 string brotherhood!!
SO, this is my introduction.

I'm from Texas, :hbang: , born in Dallas, moved to Houston, moving to Austin now.

I'm not involved in any bands at the moment, just practicing it up everyday.

I got started on guitar 8 or 9 years ago, but never was dedicated until about 4 years ago. I'd say I'm pretty decent for my age, but I have sooo much more to learn. I would really like to teach lessons for so many reasons.

As far as genres go, Metal, shredding, jazz, indie rock and indie hip hop electronic, HUGE folk fan. Really anything, to be cliche.

And for myself, I am a multi-instrumentalist to say the least. In addition to guitar, at which I feel I am most proficient, I am also a vocalist. I was in Choir from age 8 and competed in UIL competition.

I play bass, banjo, drums (Kit, drumline, orchestral percussion), bassoon, piano, some mandolin, and a little bit more haha.

ALSO!! I love woodworking, and am veryyy interested in learn the art of building guitars and such. So any luthiers on here, if you have any advice feel free to shoot it my way, and I will probably be sending questions every once in awhile if thats okay! :)

And I hope this isn't breaking the rules cause I could be "trying to sell stuff" but I also make plugs and other wood body jewelry, so if you're interested send me a PM or I might try posting on the for sale forum.

I used to be heavily modified as well, and if you'd like to chat on that topic, or about the horrible experience of lobe reconstruction I'm here.

THANKS GUYS!!
:imnew:

-Seth

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sethmetal

Reaction score
HAHA yes I do! Thanks for the welcome.

Unrelated to music, I also knit, do home remodeling and minor construction.
I am the most DIY person one could ever meet.
A jack of all trades I guess, master of none ;)

OH and I wish i would have added this above, I love reading, specifically non-fiction and more specifically philosophy.

I guess thats me in a quite large nutshell.

:)

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
welcome. you sound like 90% of the people already here. you should fit in nicely.

')