My new custom 7 by Acacia Guitars (koa content)

• Thread starter amarshism
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

amarshism

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/acaciaguitars

Keep track of the build over there. Walnut body with a koa top (paying homage to my hawaiian roots). Maple neck and ebony board, matching koa on the headstock. Hipshot hardtail, what pickups should i get though?

Really excited to be working with these guys! Their work looks impeccable and theyve been a total breeze to work with.

Still the question remains? What pickups, considering i play in a death metal band, need high output and play alot of leads on my neck pickup?

heres my koa top, think ill get one with the curly redwood if its still available when i come to get my second!

83fc0275.jpg

heres a link to their mega thread as well
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/dealers-group-buys/171822-acacia-custom-guitars.html

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

amarshism

Reaction score
Bump. No suggestions. Rage quit on thinking about pickups and just went cl/lf. Will see how they go. Will keep uploading photos of le progress.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Wish I could been of more help but CL/LF and TZ/AN are my favorite sets.

amarshism

Reaction score
Thought about d activators but I already have them in my 1527 and wasn't stoked with the neck version as it was a bit too bright. I'm fairly confident the lf will suit me perfectly, I just hope the cl can do heavy. Was also contemplating a evo in le bridge.

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
The Crunchlab/Liquifire is a solid combo, I had them in my old Ibanez and it handled Drop A and other tunings really well!

Or D-Activator/Liquifire? Should sound good together too!

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Cool top man! Those koa tops are NOT cheap either, great find!

amarshism

Reaction score
Hidden away apparently waiting for the right job. I asked for a koa top and mentioned I'm Hawaiian and would love one and he graciously offered it up for my build. Wanted to go a koa neck as well but unfortunately not this time.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Hidden away apparently waiting for the right job. I asked for a koa top and mentioned I'm Hawaiian and would love one and he graciously offered it up for my build. Wanted to go a koa neck as well but unfortunately not this time.

You didn't pay more for this???

Figured koa is easily one of the most expensive woods on the planet. A block big enough for neck.... good lord :p

ACG

AcaciaCustomGuitars
Reaction score
Hey Marshy....

We are going to pick up a Koa blank wide enough for a Neck. Just for you! ;)

shogunate

Reaction score
Gaddum that's some damn service :eek: Koa in a neck should sound..... as expensive as it takes to make :lol:

amarshism

Reaction score
I don't think they were able to find a nice enough piece of koa in time :(

Here's my walnut body getting glued.
1d0c7517.jpg

And the mahogany neck I'll now be getting is on the left
3594e5c1.jpg

ACG

AcaciaCustomGuitars
Reaction score
mod edit: leave the update posting to the person the guitar belongs to

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Or D-Activator/Liquifire? Should sound good together too!
Yo Marshy, I was gonna recommend the same thing. I'm not crazy about the DA neck either but the LF is proven to be a great lead pickup.

I vote against an Evo7 for the bridge. I have one in my RG Premium and it sounds pretty bassy. I like it for recording, but through an amp it's too mushy for me, especially for lower tunings. I'm swopping it for a set of DA/LF soon, they're on the way.

')