My new gear (head and cabinet), Help please!

• Thread starter maloteslos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maloteslos

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum. I'm in three bands and play many genres from Jazz to styles as Alter Brigde, Story of the Year, Creed, etc, but nothing of heavey metal. I think in buy one head and cabinet to play in stadiums as to 4000 or 5000 persons. I like un beautiful clean and heavey distortions, open, with sustain and articulate. My guitar is a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 25th Anniversary made in USA. I have one list of the heads and cabinets that for my budget I can buy. The list is:

Heads:
-Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 plus.
-Krank Nineteeen80.
-Krank Revolution Plus.
-PRS 2 Channel H or 2 Channel C.
-ENGL Fireball 100.
-Splawn Quickrod or Nitro.
-Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic.

Cabinets:
Orange PPC412
Mesa Boogie Traditional (4x12")
Bogner Standard (4 Celestions Vintage 30 of 12")

This is my list, I wish that please you can help me to choice what head and with that cabinet you recommend me to my needs. I hope your soon answer, thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
welcome!

I'd get the Engl fireball and orange, but that's just my taste. It's best if you play these and decide which one works best for you.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
For those styles, I would strongly recommend finding a used Mesa Dual Rectifier.

I know that may be difficult in your country.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Mesa would be the way to go given the styles you described. I hear excellent things about the Royal Atlantic, though I have no personal experience with it. However, the Express 5:50 would definitely pack the needed versatility. As has already been said, even a Dual Rectifier would likely get the job done.

Razor Eater

The Final Product
Reaction score
I vote for the Royal Atlantic and matching cab. The RA is a fantastic, well rounded amp. The clean is damn near perfect and the distortion is well tempered with rich harmonic content. Very user friendly.

Cheers and Welcome! :hbang:

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Out of that list Id reccomend the royal atlantic and the mesa cab.

If you could, Id reccomend a dual rectifier. Maybe even a roadster if you could find one

MesaENGR412

#3 Forever
Reaction score
I love the Royal Atlantic. Great amp with tons of awesome sounds. I would get that and a Mesa traditional 4x12. I think you would be very happy with this rig.

-AJH

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
I can't comment on the amps, other than the Fireball 100 sounds amazing.

I can't say much about the cabs either, but from what I've played, I own and recommend the Orange PPC.

Atomshipped

Reaction score
Considering your music styles, I'd suggest either Mesa head (don't know which you'd like better) through the Mesa or Orange cab.

maloteslos

Reaction score
To that more or less you have one idea, see this video:

I'm playing with one of the bands, this band is where play the genres more heavey as you can see.

')