My new Hellraiser is here!!! (ton of pics inside)

• Thread starter Emperoff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
After looking for a while for a fixed bridge baritone, I finally bought a Hellraiser. It plays amazing! Overall is an awesome guitar, sounds and plays fucking great! :shred:

Well, here are the best part, PICS! :scream:

What do we have here? yumm

Oh yeah, here it comes the best part...

Wow...

Let's get more light

Check out the binding!

The last one!

Pics can't do justice to this beauty, really plays and sounds as good as it looks. I encourage all of you to try one, the neck is very comfortable even is thicker than an Ibanez, and the high fret access seems pretty comfortable to me, just needs to adjust the action and I'll be in heaven... or hell. Damn, :shred: :hbang:

PS:Uh... by the way, the pics are bigger than what I thought, please someone resize them if necessary.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations, personally I like the black cherry version but to each his own. I love the inlays on the Hellraiser's.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Congrats. The two sevens that I want to own the most right now are the Ibanez UV777BK and the Schecter Hellraiser (not because I've played one and thought it was cool. I've never played a Schecter before. I've never played a guitar with EMGs before. And I've never played a guitar with a scale longer than 25.5" before. So, for those reasons, every time I see one, I really want to play one). Sounds like a good purchase. :yesway:

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
I had a dream a few weeks ago that I bought that guitar and played it for a while, and it played beautifully! So based on my "experience" I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Roundhouse_Kick said:
I had a dream a few weeks ago that I bought that guitar and played it for a while, and it played beautifully! So based on my "experience" I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :lol:

:rofl:

81-7, hey? How's your recording setup? Think you could do before and after clips when you do that installation? I've never heard a good comparison of the two pickups, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be curious.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice guitar, congrats! What is up with Schecter's cases though? You'd think a guitar that nice would come with a case, that's about the only thing I dislike about Schecter is that. :lol: When I bought my C-1 Elite, it came in the same case. I thought to myself: what, they can't make hard shell cases? :noplease:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
:rofl:

81-7, hey? How's your recording setup? Think you could do before and after clips when you do that installation? I've never heard a good comparison of the two pickups, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be curious.
Well, the 707 is pretty fat sounding, has awesome clarity and very good chunk, but is not the same razor sound as the 81. Some people would think that the 707 is more versatile, but being honest, when you go for emgs, you're not looking for versatility, don't you?

I'll take my guitar to my teacher, who uses 81 and maybe we can compare a bit before spending money. Anyway, thanks to the quick connect cable, I could swap cleanly the pickups and put the 707 in the 81,s box, with all the pots and so, and resell it for a decent price.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
Emperoff said:
Well, the 707 is pretty fat sounding, has awesome clarity and very good chunk, but is not the same razor sound as the 81. Some people would think that the 707 is more versatile, but being honest, when you go for emgs, you're not looking for versatility, don't you?

I'll take my guitar to my teacher, who uses 81 and maybe we can compare a bit before spending money. Anyway, thanks to the quick connect cable, I could swap cleanly the pickups and put the 707 in the 81,s box, with all the pots and so, and resell it for a decent price.

That you could do :agreed:

I'd be curious to a sound check...as i decided with the 707 for my UV over the 81-7. I wanted a fatter sound to beef up where a trem equipped, pickguard mounted guitar might lack.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice!

As for not coming with a case, Schecters are already priced below anything remotely comparable in the marketplace, what do you want?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Their HSC for a Hellraiser is like $90, IIRC - comparable to a UV1000, and from the sound of it probably similar quality.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been playing the guitar the whole day and I'm totally in love with it. Plays, sounds and looks awesome. It took me a bit to get used to the schecter neck, but is pretty comfortable (I got large hands) and the sustain is simply impressive

The only thing I would change would be the bridge pickup for an 81-7, just for more tonal variety, because I like different sounds when I switch pickups, I want something really agressive for the bridge pos :shred:. So I'm curious to see how the 81-7 sounds on this thing, I think that it screams for one, so I'll pick one up soon.

By the way, the 2xvolume configuration bothers me a bit, I like to control both pickups at once, so Im' thinkin of rewiring it and replace one of the knobs for a gain booster that I have around... Will EMGs with a gainbooster destroy the audience? :lol:

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
How do the 707s clean up when you roll back on the volume knob? I want to get the hellraiser, but no stores around me have any seven strings at all :noplease: ... all i know is my ibanez geo :fawk: .

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
right_to_rage said:
How do the 707s clean up when you roll back on the volume knob? I want to get the hellraiser, but no stores around me have any seven strings at all :noplease: ... all i know is my ibanez geo :fawk: .

Well, I usually have the volume fully cranked, I just roll back the volume knob for playing blues and that, the 707 it's not that bad outside the metal territory; I get great hard rock and blues tones out from it.

After playing the guitar for a while now, I guess I won't change the pickup, it has some kind of growl that I absolutely love, and I'm afraid that the 81-7 won't have it... well, maybe in the future.

If Schecter releases a Floyd version of the Hellraiser in black cherry, I'll get one for sure :hbang:

Latest posts

')