My new instrumental prog/djent single "When Everything Is Nothing"! Please listen & comment :)

Tatu Aleksi

Reaction score
Hello!

Here comes a ruthless promo post about my new music! Anyway, I think there might be people interested of this in the forum, I think it's quite creative and out-of-the-box with weird song structures, but still I pursue to keep accessible grooves and melodies in there. I honestly think this should be heard more than it has been heard so far, thus the ruthless marketing! Tell me what you think about this, and I also could use some tips on marketing my music and how to build my "concept" better!

By the way, as you can see, I use 6 and 7 string guitars, and all guitars you can hear are tracked with BKP Black Hawks (the first video) or BKP Juggernauts (the second video), which are my two favorite pickup sets.

Those can also be found in Spotify and iTunes/Apple Music when you search for "Tatu Aleksi".

Thanks in advance for all comments and listens :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
The songs are well-written, but I think a vocalist would help you out. I don't say this lightly since I write instrumental music and prefer instrumental music, but there's just a lot of space in the music for vocals. Solid grooves and leads though. The end melody of When Everything is Nothing is beautiful.

As for marketing, if you're going to do it yourself, I would suggest that you do it humbly. Put a link to your music in your signature, contribute to the forum, be a good person, casually post your music when appropriate, and people will likely be curious. Making a post and telling us that you think it deserves more plays is a little bit aggressive. If you want more plays quickly, pay for some ads on youtube/facebook. There are thousands of musicians on here, and it doesn't matter how good they are, each will think they deserve more plays.

Tatu Aleksi

Reaction score
Thank you for your comment, exactly the kind of honest feedback and advice I need :)

Making a post and telling us that you think it deserves more plays is a little bit aggressive.
I think it does deserve more plays, now only a couple hundred people have heard it. And also there's some self-irony attached to calling it "ruthless marketing", because I've obviously posted my music in so many different places that it almost doesn't feel appropriate to promote it anymore :D I think people feel this about self-promotion, right? I mean you have to be a bit aggressive to ever get heard, even though I really don't like being aggressive or irritating people in any way. So sorry if that's offensive, I know everyone promoting their music have to work for every single click they get, or then they have to be very lucky...

Anyway, there's some thoughts about promotion, I just hope you guys enjoy my music, and if you don't, that's fine as well!

EDIT: I also created a signature, thanks for the advice! I'm new to forums like this, so I might not always know the basics!

Last edited:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
First of all I'm gonna say I listened to both of your tracks and I like them and therefore looking forward to the EP.

But... saying that your music deserves more plays kinda messes with my head. You have to realise that there's 13 bands/people in a dozen trying to break through in the instrumental prog scene at the moment and all those people have probably worked as hard on their music as you have so what exactly makes your music more deserving of plays than their stuff? (Rhetorical question; nothing really)

I think it's really important to take a humble approach towards your music and people that might listen to it especially in the beginning when you don't have an established fanbase. I mean, I know I'm more willing to support a guy who genuinely just wants people to listen to their stuff and nothing more.

I've been planning to put out an EP myself in 3-6 months and if 10 people listen to it, then that's already 10 people more than I can ask. As much as I might think that my music is THE shit, I can't really say that and just have to let other people to decide themselves.

I like to think that music that deserves to get heard, does so in the end even if it takes time. So all I can say is just keep making music but don't set too high exceptations, or really any exceptations about it how it will get received and you're gonna have a much better time doing so!

(I just woke up, I have no fucking clue what I'm saying but I hope you get the point, lol.)

Tatu Aleksi

Reaction score
I have to say now I feel bad saying what I did. I know it sounds disrespectful towards fellow musicians who as well wor hard to get their music heard, and I apologize. I don't want to be that whiny guy in the forum, and I know there are better musicians than me here as well, who have earned their thousands of fans more than I've had.

I guess I'll learn from this that nothing good happens when you're tired and posting to a forum anyway. Sorry again!

I'm not gonna edit anything above anyway, I think it's not so bad a mistake that anybody couldn't get over it.

Last edited:

guitaardvark

Reaction score
I have to say now I feel bad saying what I did. I know it sounds disrespectful towards fellow musicians who as well wor hard to get their music heard, and I apologize. I don't want to be that whiny guy in the forum, and I know there are better musicians than me here as well, who have earned their thousands of fans more than I've had.

I guess I'll learn from this that nothing good happens when you're tired and posting to a forum anyway. Sorry again!

I'm not gonna edit anything above anyway, I think it's not so bad a mistake that anybody couldn't get over it.
There's nothing wrong with promoting your music on a forum like this, but it just rubs people the wrong way when you expect more plays. Nobody owes anybody on here anything. I personally think that the days of people like Bulb amassing followings on forums like these are over since it's just so oversaturated at this point.

You obviously have a sense of humility and talent to go with it. Don't force success and just keep making great songs; the fans will come over time.

Tatu Aleksi

Reaction score
By the way, I just released another single, this time a "prog rock meets djent" song. Check it out if you're interested :)