My New JP music man 7

• Thread starter sgswimmer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

reptillion

Reaction score
:) thats what i'm hoping for lol

i feel extremely fortunate to have this guitar, seeing as it was a gift from a good friend who is currently serving in Iraq. I am one lucky SOB ><

im currently working on a few things but nothing too serious, im sure vids will come in the future tho :)

Damn nice friend, best of wishes to him in Iraq

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
:) thats what i'm hoping for lol

i feel extremely fortunate to have this guitar, seeing as it was a gift from a good friend who is currently serving in Iraq. I am one lucky SOB ><

im currently working on a few things but nothing too serious, im sure vids will come in the future tho :)

Damn man that awesome. Ur friend kicks ass :yesway:

I wish someone would give me a JP7 as a gift :lol:

ViK-master

Reaction score
yes, today i am actually, the lows sound a little muddy compared to what i think they should be, and if the advice i got is correct, flipping it should do the trick.

im kinda nervous about tearin into this thing already ><

wish me luck!

We placed it thus and back several times to finally come this way (blade to bridge). It sounds much bigger and dense and wider. I think you should try.
Just be carefull and protect the body with tape or smth not to scratch it.

And good luck!

Opeth666

Reaction score
We placed it thus and back several times to finally come this way (blade to bridge). It sounds much bigger and dense and wider. I think you should try.
Just be carefull and protect the body with tape or smth not to scratch it.

And good luck!

correct i have the d sonic in my rg7321 and have tried both setups and the blade to the bridge is in my opinion the best.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
dude those pics are huge :lol: anyway congrats, looks awesome

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
tried to flip it, but there wasnt enough lead wire to make the flip. it would need a rewire.
fuckin bummer!
I know! I was -> :mad: when I opened mine up and discovered there wasn't enough wire. I had to extend it. Flipping the pickup around makes a world of difference. To me it's the difference between my ideal pickup and a sound I can't stand to use.

If you flip the PU you may also want to disconnect the tone pot while you're at it. It sounds hotter and clearer without it.

Congratulations on the guitar. :hbang:

sgswimmer

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for the advice Andii, i will probably try that, i rarely stray from 10 on the tone knob anyhoo... and gratz on 666 posts! id be stoked if i had that lol,

Issor

Reaction score
HNGD dude! The Best Guitar Store Ever (Chuck Levin's in Washington, DC) has a plain black JP6 that I'm absolutely in love with... I really, really need to get at that thing, but I've got no money!

audibleE

Reaction score
I'm just amazed that people can afford guitars like this. I'm sure they're really nice, but for real... Even if I had money I wouldn't spend it on one of those. Well off parents or something... you win.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just amazed that people can afford guitars like this. I'm sure they're really nice, but for real... Even if I had money I wouldn't spend it on one of those. Well off parents or something... you win.

I know a guy you should meet. His name is Rob...

ViK-master

Reaction score
tried to flip it, but there wasnt enough lead wire to make the flip. it would need a rewire.
fuckin bummer!

I'd strongly recommend you to ask a skilled person to replace the whole wire from the pickup to toneblock. No adding length by just by soldering another piece of wire to this one. Thus you can loose more than gain. Only a full replacement will work.

')