My New Les Paul Studio

• Thread starter MyOwnEffigy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MyOwnEffigy

Satan's Scallion
Reaction score
I feel the need to inform all of the sweet hookup that HateBreeder helped me out with. I got this killer Gibson Les Paul Studio from one of our stores for a very good price. I have pics. Let me further state, this guitar has insane tone and the neck feels great. I normally haven't dug Gibsons that much, but... dare I say, I've fallen in love. However, my Ibanez, Charvel and Washburn still hold a place in my heart. =P The Ibanez especially. That'll always be my favorite, hope to post pics of them all soon, for now, lets see if my Gibson pic works. =P

-Steve.

There she be, in all her curvaceous glory. =P
Picture012.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
That guitar actually plays very good and it is nice to look at. And he actualyl got it at a very reasonable price... The price gibsons SHOULD go for, not this the insane crazy rates they charge...

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
I usually don't like Les Pauls, but damn! That is one killer guitar. I like the gold hardware with the dark red finish on that arch top. Gibsons play better when you get them at great deals :lol:

Have fun!

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
Sweet axe! I love the wine red finish.

nyck said:
Gibsons play better when you get them at great deals :lol:

Youre telling me! I just picked up a Black '05 Les Paul Studio w/ OHSC for 450 bucks, I couldnt say no! Plus a black Paul is my lead guitarists dream guitar, and Im not beyond spending money to make her jealous. :evil:

Im usually very outspoken about my preference for Japanese and Korean guitars and my pure hatred for Gibsons quality control issues, but considering this is a lot less than what I paid for my Ibanez, I think I can overlook the slightly shoddy inlay work on mine.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's the thing with gibsons... a lot of them suck, but then you get that special one... same's true of strats, really. They're overpriced, inconsistant, but then every once in a while you find one that's actually worth what it costs and then some.

Cool guitar! I'd lvoe to have one of those kicking around the house for the occasional Tool craving.

-D

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
Drew said:
That's the thing with gibsons... a lot of them suck, but then you get that special one... same's true of strats, really. They're overpriced, inconsistant, but then every once in a while you find one that's actually worth what it costs and then some.

Really? Im not a fender guy, but I could swear Fenders (at least more recent ones) are way more consistant than Gibson. Reminds of something Leo said about the original Strats, it was something to the effect of only 1 in 20 being good.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Gibsons seem to have a nice tone, to my ear anyway. Just something about them... a lot of my favorite guys have played gibson: Angus, Vivian Campbell, John Sykes, Randy, Zakk... especially Sykes and Campbell. They milked the harmonics out of those guitars. Pffft, what am I talking about?? All those guys shred.

Aaaaanyway, congratulations on a great guitar!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Drew said:

Cool guitar! I'd lvoe to have one of those kicking around the house for the occasional Tool craving.

-D

Of course if you want a consistently good strat, you could just buy a G&L in the frist place :D

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
Polaris20 said:
Of course if you want a consistently good strat, you could just buy a G&L in the frist place :D

Those do rock, but actually my friends ASAT isnt put together in the most amazing ways, but they generaly are pretty good guitars.

')