My new paint scheme put into play.

• Thread starter Elysian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
RhoadsVNewPaint-003.jpg

my Rhoads V has been natural for the last year or so, i decided today, just on a whim, to actually paint it, and paint it similarly to how i want to paint that les paul copy... it turned out so nice, i gotta show it off.

note to self though, never use that brand of tape again, it sucked!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
looks cool. can't wait to see the finished product!

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
the headstock won't match :lol: the headstock is cream with black logo

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks real sharp!

Are you going to put something in the middle, the two triangles in the lower right are just a little short of the apex, but I doubt anyone would ever notice from ten feet away.

IMHO, it'd look awesome with the zebra pickups you mentioned in the other thread. What kind of pickguard?

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
just a black stock one, same with the V shaped one on the string through spot...

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i was thinking not long ago that diamond plate would be killer

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
have you seen my UV? lol

i emailed sharp concepts to see if they could do a Rhoads V, and how much it would cost

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
RhoadsVNewPaint.jpg

now it needs an ebony fingerboard :( and spray paint is really tough to get an even clear coat with...

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, my Carvin bass kit was really hard to clear-coat. I ended up getting it all uneven then sanding the crap out of it and coating/sanding again.

I think diamond plate would be awesome. Are you going to swap the pickups again?

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
bostjan said:
Yeah, my Carvin bass kit was really hard to clear-coat. I ended up getting it all uneven then sanding the crap out of it and coating/sanding again.

I think diamond plate would be awesome. Are you going to swap the pickups again?
no way dude, its got killer pickups... here it is with the hardware mocked up, still have to wire everything back up... the pick guard thats on there now was origionally gold and i painted it black and it chipped a bunch... if i diamond plated it i'd probably leave it polished... i need to get a new bridge as well the gold sucks.

RhoadsVNewPaint-002.jpg

ps. the knobs are temporary lol, taken from my UV...

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, the white one went with my washburn on ebay! i didn't even think of that cause i wasn't planning on painting this... damn impulse decisions :noplease:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
sorry, i meant the paint job and the headstock. yeah, the pickup goes with the headstock, but the body is totally from a different guitar lol.

')