My new project for summer

• Thread starter DefinedInSilere
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DefinedInSilere

Reaction score
I just acquired this abused beauty. I got it for literally nothing from a friend who doesn't play and had this gifted to him(from his mother's ex). The electronics are basically dead and only the neck pickup is working. I believe it has an original khaler trem system on it, but I am unsure of which one. I do not even know this model. Im going to start doing research on it this afternoon but if anyone knows anything feel free to share. Sorry for the cellphone pics, I do not have a better camera.

06-08-08_1131.jpg

06-08-08_1133.jpg

06-08-08_1134.jpg

06-08-08_1135.jpg

And it has a full scalloped fretboard, 22 frets though:realmad:
06-08-08_1136.jpg

Here is the whole thing-
06-08-08_1132.jpg

So I am thinking a new finish, EMG it up, Schaller tuners, recessed strap locks, and a neck finish. All black will probably be my color scheme.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
You really can't complain at that for nowt. It's definitely got a Kahler. Matt Crooks, Noodles or Eaeolian will probably chime in at some point, as they're bound to know what it is. They're big Jackson/Charvel geeks.

eightballhemhorrage

Reaction score
black? really? i think black is one of the lamest guitar colors EVER. i had to repaint all the black guitars i have cause they look so uninspired.

DefinedInSilere

Reaction score
black? really? i think black is one of the lamest guitar colors EVER. i had to repaint all the black guitars i have cause they look so uninspired.

Yeah I agree, but living with the people I do, my paint jobs just get murdered, my Xiphos is my only guitar that I have kept mint.

I do want to do more of transparent black, if the grain is nice enough that is.

drawnQ

Reaction score
great score!

now it just needs a swirl paint job!!

Matt Crooks

User
Contributor
Reaction score
Matt Crooks, Noodles or Eaeolian will probably chime in at some point, as they're bound to know what it is. They're big geeks.

Fixed.

I believe that is a Charvel Model 4. Made in Japan. The bridge is a Kahler 2300 series.

...and I love black guitars!

')