My new setup, Peavey + Mesa

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
I had the Uber Ultra half stack for a while. Has to be the best amp I've ever played but I just couldn't afford to keep it with expenses popping up so I sold it and spent maybe 1/3 of the money on this.

I was thinking I just need something pretty budget friendly to get me by and then later I'll get another Bogner. Now I'm thinking damn, do I really need the Bogner? Not saying this stack compares because it doesn't but damn it sounds mean and for what I do it definitely works.

Got the Mesa cab today (October, 2000) and that was the final piece.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
That sounds gnarly!! Never knew the 3120 could sound like that. Congrats on some money back in your pocket and a sick sounding rig

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
*saves screengrab for future responses to “Where to put Gate in FX Chain??”

Nice score, never had the chance to play a 3130, but the Peavey Ultras/XXXs that I have used have all had similarly super-saturated midrange and a very versatile EQ section.
In my experience they like a brighter boost pedal and exhibit noticeable changes in response and low end “bloom” when swapping between EL34/6L6 power tubes.

Enjoy!

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
*saves screengrab for future responses to “Where to put Gate in FX Chain??”

Nice score, never had the chance to play a 3130, but the Peavey Ultras/XXXs that I have used have all had similarly super-saturated midrange and a very versatile EQ section.
In my experience they like a brighter boost pedal and exhibit noticeable changes in response and low end “bloom” when swapping between EL34/6L6 power tubes.

Enjoy!
I don't plan on messing with the power tubes for a while, I like the way it sounds with what it has. Using a maxon 808 in front and an envelope filter type pedal in the loop.

I do need a few more 6 ft cables though.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I don't plan on messing with the power tubes for a while, I like the way it sounds with what it has. Using a maxon 808 in front and an envelope filter type pedal in the loop.

I do need a few more 6 ft cables though.
Could you elaborate on the envelope filter? How are you using that? Which pedal?

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on the envelope filter? How are you using that? Which pedal?
I don't really know how to explain it or what it is so this will probably be a long post. The guy who made it said it was an envelope filter.

It's the Void Manufacturing or "Lone Wolf audio" toxic presence, I actually posted it for sale but I'm debating on pulling the ad and just keeping it because I do like the pedal.

It has a lot of switches to set the mid frequency and mid peak. There's a mid sweep, mid, presence and volume knob.

The way I describe it is you can basically shape your mid-range or presence any way you want.
It can get from doomy death metal to fat and thick.

The way I like to use it is very subtle, it tightens up the amp and I make it a little bit darker.

Last edited:
')