My next purchase (maybe)....

• Thread starter garcia3441
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
I emailed Molonator Guitars asking for a price quote on a 7 string resonator with a Tasmanian Blackwood body. If the wait isn't to long and the price is reasonable, I'll give the go ahead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never played one, but the artists listed on their site (probably all paid) had nothing but praise for the company when I emailed them.
But I want a 7 string reso, and they're the only company that would even consider making one for me.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Like any different instrument, it adds another colour to the tonal palette.

I personally don't see the point in having a bunch of guitars that do the same thing. It's like eating nothing but Corn Flakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven days a week, 52 weeks per year.

Those guitars look REALLY damn cool. I'd love to know what the price range is on them.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
With my current solo project; I've tried matching one of my electric 7s with a real sitar, but the only thing that comes close is my 6 string reso.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i was skeptical, but that 7 string resonator DOES look pretty cool.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
$1800 Australian, including a case and shipping. As soon as I get my credit card paid down, I'll be ordering.

marton

Reaction score
I've played a seven string resonator before. It was cool!

Hope it all goes well for you!

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
ibanez.shredder said:
Don't you just love Australia :D. I live in Tasmainia lol. Do you know where the custom shop is? I might be able to check it out!

44 Shirley Place, Kingsmeadows, Tasmania, Australia. 7249

')