My other guitarist pulls a "HEAD"

• Thread starter Dylan7620
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
so last night all during trying to record he was acting really weird. then in our scrapbook he writes "june 16th, this is nick sayin peace out and the best of luck" so we got everyone together to talk about it. apperently now that hes "hardcore christian" he wants all of us to do the same.

he gave us the choice of changing what we do to a positive image (which we've always done, our singer is christian and doesn't swear or have any offensive content anyways.) or he's ready to leave the band. the drummer is also christian and i... i believe in it all but im done with the worldly church and its people in it. and the bassist doesnt believe in anything.

1. i dont feel its my place to impose my beliefs on someone else that comes to see our music.

2. i dont feel its right of him to make it up to the bassist or me to go to church just so this band can stay together when the bassist doesnt even believe.

3. and the worst thing about this is that hes been drinking the whole time we're recording and telling us this. this is the same guy that snorted a line last friday after the show while we're all partying.

:wallbash: WTF is going on!?!? we could already have our own behind the music, between our old bassist literally going insane, hard drugs that almost took us down, girlfriends that try to play a yoko role. and now religion? :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
yea. its so easy to find a guitarist. just pick a random person on the street and ask them if they play guitar and they probubly do.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Or you could just be the only guitarist for the time being until you find another guitarist. :)

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Dylan7620 said:
he gave us the choice of changing what we do to a positive image (which we've always done, our singer is christian and doesn't swear or have any offensive content anyways.) or he's ready to leave the band. the drummer is also christian and i... i believe in it all but im done with the worldly church and its people in it. and the bassist doesnt believe in anything.

1. i dont feel its my place to impose my beliefs on someone else that comes to see our music.

and now religion? :ugh:

I agree with you here 100% bro. Was raised with it, still believe in many ways, but man, do I detest organized, formalized religion.

Here's the crux... as SOON as someone says, "I hear from God", well, great, but then they say, "And He wants YOU to listen to me." you have lost it, and you're on the path of religion, which is only about money and/or power in the end.

Let him leave should he wish. New Christians often are very, very strange, and do some odd, contradictory stuff. It's a very odd religion (like most of 'em)! :spock:

macalpine88

Reaction score
I have been to church a grand total of 3 times my whole life according to my friend josh church is something everyone needs :blahblah: :fawk: . can someone answer me why is it when someone turns religous they feel the need to leave music behind. :wallbash:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, tell him to fuck off and get a new guitarist. If you stayed with this nutcase he'd come up with some more nutty shit shortly down the line, trust me. And like everyone said already, there are millions of guitarists out there. We're the easiest to find. Bassists and drummers are the hardest.

Rev.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude...my response may be lacking in tact, but it makes up for it by just getting to the point. Fuck 'em. Tell him to have a nice life & enjoy playing the martyr elsewhere.

Just like any stereotypical religious newbie, he's found his new calling & now expects everyone in his little circle to follow suit. I've always found it interesting that one of The 10 Commandments is "Thou Shalt Not Judge," yet the most judgemental people I've ever come across are "Born Again" Christians. Not all, but most. Just because a person finds God, it doesn't give them the right to pass judgement on others. But, they will anyway.

One day, maybe these people will understand that the world is NOT gonna stop turning just because THEY found religion. We are all different & they can't expect everyone to change just because they did. :agreed:

On a sarcastic sidenote:

From what you've said about his new found religion & his obvious love of cocaine and drinking, his outlook may change next week. Honestly, how can you take a guy like this seriously? Just an observation.

After all.....Religion? Drugs? Alcohol?
He makes a great candidate for televangelism! Throw in a hooker & a pulpit and you've got yourself a party! :lol:

:bowdown: PRAISE THE LORD!!! :blahblah:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
macalpine88 said:
can someone answer me why is it when someone turns religous they feel the need to leave music behind. :wallbash:

I think I have an answer to that... because after turning hardcore religious you feel afraid to express yourself, as by human nature not all of our feelings and emotions are "good natured", and also because once you turn fanatic you no longer think on your own or for yourself. People tend to become blinded by religion. It's hard to write music with that kind of zombie mind. ;)

Rev.

macalpine88

Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
I think I have an answer to that... because after turning hardcore religious you feel afraid to express yourself, as by human nature not all of our feelings and emotions are "good natured", and also because once you turn fanatic you no longer think on your own or for yourself. People tend to become blinded by religion. It's hard to write music with that kind of zombie mind. ;)

Rev.

that makes sense, i dont understand religion so i cant understand the fact why people would choose anything over music :scratch:

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
People tend to become blinded by religion. It's hard to write music with that kind of zombie mind. ;)

Rev.

Ozzy manages just fine?

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
im thinking some of it may be coming from somewhat of an envious side... i was brought into this band as THE lead guitarist, but i wanted both of us to be able to do whatever the music calls for, even though ive always been a little more advanced then him.

ive always been the main writer as far as riffing and structure goes... and he was starting to complain about me having "photoshoots" because i get all the cool pictures at the shows, its not my fault im the one that goes nuts and jumps all over the place while hes struggling to headbang and play at the same time.

i think this whole thing might be just so that he can say he changed this band somehow by "saving all of us" which is another thing... he keeps saying that hes saving people, :lol: im like you dont save people, jesus saves people

as much of an option it is to get another guitarist its more of a friend thing, ive only known him for a few years but hes been a great friend over those years and only in the last few months has been acting strange even before the church thing. it'd be hardest on the drummer because theyve been pretty much best friends since middleschool.

oh well, thanks guys for lettin me :blahblah: about all this. good thing to know that im not the only one who thinks hes going crazy :nuts:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
It goes deeper than that. In strong religious circles, there is a distrust for anything secular. The idea is that if your music is not praising Christ's name, what is it good for? The meaning of life to a serious Christian is all in praise of God. It's an odd mentality, but one that is very prevalent.

I've been there. I'm a confirmed Catholic, and I used to be deep into the church when I was a teenager and in my early 20s. I also directed choir for about 4 years at several churches in Arizona, usually more than 2-3 masses a weekend, so I've been there.

I also used to play the intro to "Go to Hell" by Megadeth sometimes before and during mass. It's absolutely beautiful on an acoustic guitar, and no one ever knew :D

Digital Black

Reaction score
Shannon said:
Dude...my response may be lacking in tact, but it makes up for it by just getting to the point. Fuck 'em. Tell him to have a nice life & enjoy playing the martyr elsewhere.

Just like any stereotypical religious newbie, he's found his new calling & now expects everyone in his little circle to follow suit. I've always found it interesting that one of The 10 Commandments is "Thou Shalt Not Judge," yet the most judgemental people I've ever come across are "Born Again" Christians. Not all, but most. Just because a person finds God, it doesn't give them the right to pass judgement on others. But, they will anyway.

One day, maybe these people will understand that the world is NOT gonna stop turning just because THEY found religion. We are all different & they can't expect everyone to change just because they did. :agreed:

On a sarcastic sidenote:

From what you've said about his new found religion & his obvious love of cocaine and drinking, his outlook may change next week. Honestly, how can you take a guy like this seriously? Just an observation.

After all.....Religion? Drugs? Alcohol?
He makes a great candidate for televangelism! Throw in a hooker & a pulpit and you've got yourself a party! :lol:

:bowdown: PRAISE THE LORD!!! :blahblah:
I deem this as true to the ultimate

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
yea i played slayer on my electric in a church, like right next to where the precher does his thing... i thought that was funny, but i too am a christian but i dont go to church because i dont believe in churchs. i feel i can pray anywhere, not just cirtin places. but i also play death metal. music is muisc, not a lifestyle to me, but being a musician is a lifestyle. i play what i like but dont live it. i dont drink or do drugs and hate people that push there beliefs on me. that dude is a bastard now.

FoxMustang

Reaction score
desertdweller said:
I also used to play the intro to "Go to Hell" by Megadeth sometimes before and during mass. It's absolutely beautiful on an acoustic guitar, and no one ever knew :D
That's fucking awesome :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')