My PRS SE 7 String!

Hvy

Th Hvyst
Reaction score
Not an NGD, but I'm new here and I figured I'd share my main axe.

image.jpg

This is my PRS SE Custom 24 7-String! As you can see I've swapped the pickups for a set of Bare Knuckle Black Hawks, I love these pickups a lot. They work well with my JCM 2000 and my Randall RG80es for high gain metal tones to sparkly cleans. I pick quite heard and these hot pickups reward me for it, and the coil taps on these pickups are awesome! I know some people have problems with the scale length on this guitar, as it is 25.5 inches. I'm using a set of Kalium 10-63 gauge strings for A standard/Drop G tunings and I don't have any issues personally, it could be a little tighter in the low end but it's fine for me.

I do have some issues with it however. The volume and tone pots are very 'loose', as in they move very easily. The tuners aren't the best, I plan on upgrading them soon to Grover 306c's soon hopefully. Other than that this guitar is fantastic! Especially the neck, I find it very comfortable.

Sorry for the awful iPhone quality picture, the top is quiet nice on this one in my opinion, and the picture doesn't do it much justice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Nice axe, and welcome to SSO :hbang:

That's cool to hear, I've been thinking about sticking a set of Blackhawks into my PRS for a while now, just kind of on the fence. Mine's a sixer though. I've got the same thing with the pots on mine too, assuming you haven't swapped yours, I think it's probably just the part they use.

Another SE7 post is not helping my GAS for one.....

cult

Reaction score
Put some rubber underneath the pots like this:

dichtung-buegelverschluss-gut-1.jpg

Should help with the pots ;)
For tuners I can only recommend vanson locking tuners. I have them in mine.
I would love to throw some black hawks in mine, but I'm on a tight music budget these days.

Very nice flame veneer on yours as well!

areyna21

Reaction score
Welcome to the site man. I have a prs 24-7 in amethyst which is one of my favorite guitars I own. I have some dimarzio ionizers in there which makes it a pretty versatile guitar. Those Blackhawks look killer in yours.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, man! I also have the amethyst SE 7, and I love it!! Yours is quite the looker as well, I love the top! :hbang:

DISTORT6

NJ DEVIL
Reaction score
Very nice! :yesway:
I also have one in the same color.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Welcome!
I have an SE 7 in vintage sunburst as well, definitely a unique 7 string which has a very comfortable feel.

P.S. the scale length is 25.0"

Hvy

Th Hvyst
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome!

Ordacleaphobia, I can definitely personally recommend to get black hawks, they're really articulate and awesome. I plan on replacing the stock pickups in my Ibby RG471AH with black hawks or a set of duncans. If Acle Kahney uses them, they must be good ;)

cult, I'll have to try that, thank you!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

')