My PureVolume site and a couple questions about Adobe Audition

• Thread starter MyOwnEffigy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MyOwnEffigy

Satan's Scallion
Reaction score
Hey, guys,

I just wanted to post a link to my PureVolume site. As a heads up, I am by no means a studio producer. I think my cut came out good musically, but as for editing? Well.... Anyhow, I got Adobe Audition now. And the interface is dumbfounding. I need some pointers if anyone has them to just make it nice and basic for me. I'm totally unfamiliar with recording software, so any advice at all would be so appreciated. Thanks. Mainly, I just need a little primer on mixing and EQ stuff.

Thanks in advance to those who help,
Steve.

And as I mentioned before, my PureVolume site can be found here: http://www.purevolume.com/myowneffigy/
Don't expect me to even come close to what you've heard from Drew. That stuff is crazy! Drew, you got crazy chops, dude.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah both Drew & I use and know Adobe Audition damn well. All my stuff was recorded/mixed/mastered with it. If you think it's confused, you'll probably find Cubase & Pro Tools even more so. Compared to those I felt Audition was simple to get into.

It comes with allot of great plugins for the money... All in all, if you know what your doing from an engineering standpoint, you can get great results from any DAW.

Because there are allot of areas with ANY DAW, if you have specific questions I can be sure to answer them.

Do you have a good Audio A/D Converter card? Hopefully your not stuck using a soundblaster! I highly recommend M-Audio...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
My bad, I've been meaning to reply here for ages, and never got around to it.

I'll go into more length after work, but I use Cool Edit Pro (Audition before Adobe bought it) as one of my principal audio editors, but do most of myr ecording in Acid Pro. It's a great program, and even my older version (4-5 years, maybe) has some surprisingly good reverbs.

Like I said, i'll go into depth later, but my rule of thumb for EQ'ing is keep it subtle. get the tone as close to where you want it before you hit record, and use the EQ for slight musical tweaks, not major tone sculpting. If you record drums, bass, and a few tracks of guitars, and it doesn't sound at least reasonably good together before you start effects processing, then you're just wasting your time - eve with heay processing, it may sound better, but it won't sound organic.

Latest posts

')