My RG1527RB!! [High-Res Pics]

• Thread starter ibanez.shredder
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez.shredder

Reaction score
Hey guys

Well the other day I finally got around to taking some high-res pics of it the other day (have had it for a month) and managed to get some really good shots. I've noticed there are a few people around looking at getting one of these monsters too, so these willl give you a good idea of the stunning royal blue paintwork. Here are the best ones:

IMGP1184.jpg

IMGP1149.jpg

IMGP1130.jpg

IMGP1125.jpg

IMGP1171.jpg

IMGP1188.jpg

There about 80 more high-res pics here if you want them:
http://photobucket.com/albums/c202/Ibanez101/Ibanez RG1527 High res/?start=0

So feel free to browse through them and my other pics on photobucket [Note: on photobucket they are downsized, so if you want the full raw high-res photos give me your email adress and ill send em along]. If you would like certain shots (ie. if you want close ups of the EDGE-Pro). This is also getting posted over at Jemsite.

I have no complaints about the guitar, apart from the pickups which are horrible and are getting replaced with EMGs as soon as possible. So what do you think of it eh? :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringninja

Southpaw Bastard
Reaction score
Ever since I joined this forum, my lust for Ibanez has grown exponentially.

They are just so......... (sighs) I don't even know.

I might have to buy an Ibanez 6, since that's all I can really get in lefty. And even then, I'm left with like....2 choices. Grrrrrrr

The hunt for the RG7420L continues.

Nice guitar btw! I'm jealous, in case you didn't get that part. :wavey:

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
awesome guitar man! oh hello fellow aussie :wavey: im getting my RG7321 soon... so hopefully i shall post pictures then also :hbang:

chris9

Reaction score
cool guitar its the same as mine except mine has already got EMG pickups when you get them in it you will love it they sound awesome!!!!1
congrats on a cool guitar

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I still wish they would add freakin binding on the neck! But yeah, hella good pics.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
7stringninja said:

I might have to buy an Ibanez 6, since that's all I can really get in lefty. And even then, I'm left with like....2 choices. Grrrrrrr

Well, the 1570 is a NICE guitar, especially if you can get it in Mirage Blue like me hehe, just get the stud mod kit and new pickups and you're set. I think for 7's though for now we'll have to concede defeat with Ibanez. There's Schecter and several ESPs floating around the 'bay....not many Floyd models though, which I suppose is what a lot of us are after.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
pauly-bobs said:
Well, the 1570 is a NICE guitar, especially if you can get it in Mirage Blue like me hehe, just get the stud mod kit and new pickups and you're set. I think for 7's though for now we'll have to concede defeat with Ibanez. There's Schecter and several ESPs floating around the 'bay....not many Floyd models though, which I suppose is what a lot of us are after.

I have the 1570L in Gray Nickel which they released prior to the Mirage Blue (damn I wish I waited!) That Mirage Blue is asking for White pickups and knobs!
I changed out the humbuckers for a Steve's Special in the bridge and a PAF Joe in the neck and I really like it now.

I would really like a 7 with an edge pro but it's never going to happen. Fuck Ibanez they limit their lefty options more and more every year.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Beautiful pics man. You have just changed my mind about what color ot get. Whenever it is, I can afford one.lol. The never ending battle. *sigh*

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Wow, that guitar is sexy, I want one.

I wait, I already have one. :hbang:

Always nice to see another fellow RG1527-er. The royal blue owns all.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice guitar! One point though, you're trem's set up incorrectly. Edge series trems have a sloping top to them. It's the bottom of the trem that needs to be parallel with the body, or if you can't see that then the knife edges are visible though the sides of the trem, so line them up.

ibanez.shredder

Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Nice guitar! One point though, you're trem's set up incorrectly. Edge series trems have a sloping top to them. It's the bottom of the trem that needs to be parallel with the body, or if you can't see that then the knife edges are visible though the sides of the trem, so line them up.

Thats only on the Orginal EDGE man, EDGE Lo-Pros sit nearly parrallel to body, and the EDGE-Pro (the one on my RG1527) sits entirely parrallel to the body. It makes it so much more comfortable to play on, it also allows much better palm muting. Ive got the Original EDGE on my RG520QS, and although its incredibly stable and has outstanding performance, it can sometimes get uncomfortable. Thats why the EDGE-Pro looks so low, cause its got a low-profile to it :D. Good eye man!

ibanez.shredder

Reaction score
Ibanez_fanboy said:
awesome guitar man! oh hello fellow aussie :wavey: im getting my RG7321 soon... so hopefully i shall post pictures then also :hbang:

Awesome!! Can't wait to see it!

7stringninja said:

Damn that sucks man, Ibanez never considers lefties. Its so unfair :( If theres ever a petition to Ibanez or sumthin for more lefties give me a yell, ill definatly give you guys the vote .

chris9 said:
cool guitar its the same as mine except mine has already got EMG pickups when you get them in it you will love it they sound awesome!!!!1
congrats on a cool guitar

Which ones did you get!!?? Please tell me it was the 81-7 in the bridge and 707 in the neck!! Could you please give me a detailed (lots of info and stuff) on the EMG pickups in your RG1527? I'd be eternally greatfull.

usagi

more gain please
Reaction score
7stringninja said:

I've got a RG1570 it's an awesome playing guitar. I would definitely recomend it.

')