MY rig of doom

• Thread starter maliciousteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, that's some rig, but it's not "...of Doom" just yet...

You need at least 4 heads, and 6 cabs for a Rig of Doom. That my friend is a Rig of Possible Peril, and you're still a few cabs short of a Rig of Likely Danger and a head short of a Rig of Probable Endangerment.

Still got a long way to go before you got yourself a Rig of Doom.

I was reading this post and thinking "how does this not get a bunch of rep?"

and apparently I wasn't the only one thinking that way :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
a thing of beauty! ditch that cab :p

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
POSSIBLE PERIL

:lol: thanks for that :lol:

that's a damn nice setup dude! It'd be cool to have a stereo cab and a signal splitter pedal and run both the amps at once \m/

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Powerball sounds alot more compressed than the Laney by far but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I'm so used to the Laney and I know it inside out so I like the Laney's lead voicing at the moment but I've only just got the Powerball so I still need to do alot of tweaking. The Cleans on the Laney are much nicer as they are more 'glassy' like a Fender where as the ENGL's cleans are more compressed, but with a name like Powerball you're not really buying it for it's clean channel.

I find the "Compressed" thing is more prominant at lower volumes. When you crank the ENGL, it sounds a lot more open. :yesway:

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I messed with a spare preamp valve I had lying around and put it in the Powerball in hopes that it would get rid of that f*cking annoying crackle and pop that I kept getting on the high gain channels. It's now gone, I've got 2 new preamp valves on the way anyway so I'll put them in when they get here. I'm alot happier now :metal:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
im stickin with my EL34's! harmas are tops, i've heard.

i really need to find someone who sells ENGL's, all these pics and "man they are the best!" i need to hear it for myself.

')