My S7420 custom project progress report (PIC INSIDE)

• Thread starter daybean
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
o.k. here is my s7420 with routing job (still needs a little work) and an added tigerstripe veneer. Its about 3/4 done and i just needed to know what you guys think. :noway: or :yesway: Still needs some sanding, adding holes for the tone/volume, and a final coat of tung oil or something else.

I know you guys like pics, so here are a few before i take some more when i get done this weekend.

news7wemg006.jpg

news7wemg011.jpg

news7wemg009.jpg

news7wemg013.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

psychoticsnoman

Reaction score
thats sweet, i want to sand down another S eventually and throw a quilt top on it,

nice job

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
give that thing a natural finish then go put it through its paces :yesway:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Looks nice. :metal: A friend of mine is going to sell me his S 7420 FM, I miss my old S7420BP. Nice work! :hbang:

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks guys, i will post more pics this weekend when its done. the veneer really shines in the light and that was in my bedroom, not under the sun. a clearcoat should add a nice shine as well.
As soon as i put the pickups and the neck, it really looked sic, it was instantly my favorit guitar, i got a jackson soloist sh1 neckthrough and this still looks better in my opinion, and wieghts about 1.5 pounds less than the jackson,and the s7420bp.

xoi

Reaction score
looks reeeeaally good man. just curious, where can you find veneers like that?

')