My Sabre Multiscale Ghost 7 Build!

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Hello there!

Let's start with a little backstory,
I had to sell 5 of my guitars last year to fund my Daemoness build. After getting my Daemoness, i got hit by GAS again, and i needed a second instrument. I looked around for a couple of weeks, I had my eye on a S7 Boden* (glad i didn't go that route), an Ibanez RG2228 and a few other guitars. I then discovered Sabre Guitars, which is a Cambridgeshire-(UK)-based guitar company. I spent the next few weeks asking around and doing some research, as that's the only way i could select a guitar, since trying-before-buying isn't an option. I got tons of great feedback from Sabre users and I had a chat with Dylan (Daemoness Guitars) and he had nothing but nice things to say about Chris (Sabre Guitars) too. That sealed the deal for me, as i had already fallen in love with their work.

I got in touch with Chris and we began to spec out a beast of a guitar. Chris has been a huge part of the creative process, making fantastic suggestions and modifications to my first draft of specs. I can easily say that, on paper, this guitar is my dream guitar! He has been extremely patient and easy to deal with. I believe i've been quite difficult to work with, since i've gone back and forth between a ton of specs, but he's been extremely accommodating so far. My build is scheduled to be finished next month, which is pretty much spot on the estimated delivery time of 3-4 months.

Here's an overview of the specs:

Body: Swamp Ash
Top: Cocobolo
Fretboard: Multiscale - Birdseye Maple
Scale: 25.25"-27"
Neck: 9 Piece Wenge-Purpleheart-Maple
Pickup Configuration: H-S [Bareknuckle Blackhawk + Bareknuckle Sinner]
Construction: Sabre's TRU-Bolt Design
Neck Profile: Strandberg EndurNeck
Bridge: Single Saddles ABM
Electronics: Graphtech Piezo System
Inlay: Custom Inlay at 12th fret

I can't say enough nice things about Chris and Sabre Guitars. This build has been an absolute pleasure so far, i can't wait to get my hands on my guitar and do a complete review!

Anyway, this thread would be worthless without pictures so:

Body Wood:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kvqmmv0b14orev/SwampAshBody.jpg

Top Wood:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5uahnn05zyj1vl/CocoboloTop2.tiff

Body and Top being glued together:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2jabpsy06lluy4/BodyTopGluing.jpg

I'll post more progress pictures as i get them. A lot of the build process happens this week, so keen an eye on this thread!

Cheers,
Shreyas

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Love that top - this is going to look great! In for the updates! :)

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Love that top - this is going to look great! In for the updates! :)

Thanks mate! I'll definitely be posting more pictures and updates as i get them. Like i said, a lot of progress will be made this week, so definitely check back!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I can't wait to see how this turns out! It will pair up nicely with your "Black Hole" Daemoness.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Small update:

Chris just finished working on the neck. This is the first ever Licensed EndurNeck to be built by Sabre. I'm a big fan of Ola's designs and when i was offered the Endur Neck profile, i couldn't refuse!

2q2pyli.jpg

aw6xqv.jpg

I'm not sure if you guys can see this due to privacy settings, but here's a video of it as well. If you can't see it, have a look at the Sabre facebook page. It should be in the recent posts!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=546704082042545

https://www.facebook.com/sabreguitars

​More updates today!

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
That looks awesome! The wenge will look amazing when its all sanded and oiled up.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Another update!

Just got pics of the Top and Back from Christian. I'm so happy with the way it looks right now. I've always wanted a Cocobolo topped guitar, and this piece of Cocobolo has turned out amazing. The color will change a bit once it's oiled/waxed. The Cocobolo to SwampAsh top drop was Chris' idea, and i love it. I don't think a lot of people will appreciate the contrast between the two woods, but I love it.

2nkj9k2.jpg

t9zhoi.jpg

SavM

Reaction score
Schweeet! This is going to turn out epic, can't wait for more pics!

Yimmj

Metalhead
Reaction score
Mmmmm cocobolo literally impresses me EVERYTIME

Also: whats with the Endur Neck profile? is it supposed to have some kinda voodoo with that shape? does anyone have an explanation why its blocky? haha

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Schweeet! This is going to turn out epic, can't wait for more pics!

:yesway:

Mmmmm cocobolo literally impresses me EVERYTIME

Also: whats with the Endur Neck profile? is it supposed to have some kinda voodoo with that shape? does anyone have an explanation why its blocky? haha

ENDURNECK

But in short,

The EndurNeck allows you to play longer, faster and better by providing not only better support for the muscles and tendons of your fingers, palm, and forearm, but also acts as a guide that helps you straighten your wrist when playing the lower frets.

7s-twist.jpg

7s-twist-3.jpg

7s-twist-2.jpg

As swedishfish73 said, it was designed by Ola Strandberg who has been very generous with his designs. Sabre Guitars is now offering the official .Strandberg EndurNeck profile on all Ghost Series instruments under licence from .Strandberg Guitarworks.

2nhhz02.jpg

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Wow, that endurneck looks actually very very comfy to play. I love it. I might have to try it out sometime, if I'll ever make a guitar again.

Kammo1

Reaction score
That's a shame.. What don't you like about it?
I truly believe in taking out a minimum of wood in that area that you need to :rolleyes: thats why I would not buy a Jackson with the huge rout, totally unecessary IMHO but each to their own. In fact I have christened these routs the "homeless routs" as yep you've guessed it they are big enough to house the homeless LOL!!!!!!!!! again Chris is a great builder but if I were a customer no matter how cool that guitar was I would not buy it based on that rout alone. I guess it's one of my demons..........:nuts:

blanco

Reaction score
I know what you mean Kammo1 i much prefer a nice tidy little route. I don't think it would put me off buying a guitar but each to their own. I'd imagine it would cut the weight down a bit as well. My biggest demon is when the cavity plate isn't recessed and just screwed straight onto the back of the guitar.

Really looking forward to seeing this finished. Endurneck's are really comfortable and i want to know what the sinner and blackhawk sound together.

')