My schecter 007 Blackjack came in yesterday.

• Thread starter Krypteia713
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Krypteia713

Reaction score
Wow im impressed.

First I'm impressed with schecter and the quality of their guitars, and second I am impressed with drum city guitar land and the quality of their service. The guitar came to me wrapped like a friggen mummy and loaded with nice treasures inside {catalogs, picks, strap, T-shirt etc.} After taking me a half hour to finally get the guitar out of the awesome packaging they placed it in, I plugged it in to discover it pretty much in tune. Hit the low B, and just stood with my jaw dropped. The sustain and heavy sound coming from the beast was amazing.Flicked it to the clean channel to play the intro to the river dragon has come{with the coils tapped of course} sweetest clean sound out of any of my guitars{probably because it is the only one that coil taps}.

Getting into the heavy rythm parts of the song it was just brutal.The harmonics jumped off my guitar with little effort{no doubt a combination of the Thick strings, seymour duncan JB, and Peavey 5150 amp}.When it came time to play the solo I was in for a pleasant surprise, a very shredable neck.Yeah its not as easy to reach the high frets as it is on my Jackson soloist, but it is definatly not the worst and its very useable.At this point I was firmly impressed with the workmanship of this guitar. If not for the little made in korea sticker I would have no Idea. The craftsmanship feels just as good as my U.S.A made guitars. And it was so cheap too, makes me want to cry that I spent so much money on my other guitars.Only complaint I have is that I wish the volume knob was closer to the picking hand because I do a lot of volume swells, but no big deal I can just use my little alligator pedal.My guitar also has the poorly aligned pickup poles on the neck pickup.I could care less it sounds great, and I will be switching the pickups out for bare knuckles soon anyway.

Only thing other then the pickup change I plan to do to this guitar is throw on some locking tuners.I wonder if schallers will fit in place of the stock grover tuning pegs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sweet deal!

Cool to hear that you just picked it up and ripped considering the extended scale.

Krypteia713

Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
Sweet deal!

Cool to hear that you just picked it up and ripped considering the extended scale.

Thanks.The extended scale actually helped me rip it up because the larger frets improved my accuracy{I have big hands}.The extra tension was no big deal either on my regular scale instruments I had 11s, so now I have 10s on the schecter.

Krypteia713

Reaction score
Dormant said:
Congratulations on the new guitar!:yesway:

Schaller's should be a direct 'drop' fit and you can get them individually from Warmoth among other places:

http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/tuners/tuners.cfm?fuseaction=guitar_tuners

What Bareknuckles are you going to put into it?

Thanks for the link mate.I'm not sure on which bare knuckles I want yet.I love the sound of the mule so I want that to be my neck pickup.for the bridge either the nailbomb or warpig.I'm not sure if the warpig coil taps though, and it may not be a great match for the mule volume wise.I think I'll go send an E-mail to them and ask.

j7899

Reaction score
Glade you like yours, you got the good one and I got the bad one from DCGL :( Anyways enjoy it.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
Krypteia713 said:
Thanks for the link mate.I'm not sure on which bare knuckles I want yet.I love the sound of the mule so I want that to be my neck pickup.for the bridge either the nailbomb or warpig.I'm not sure if the warpig coil taps though, and it may not be a great match for the mule volume wise.I think I'll go send an E-mail to them and ask.

I think the Mule or the Cold Sweat would be great for the neck. I prefer the Nailbomb for the bridge as its a bit more searing and the clarity is lot tighter. The Warpig's seem very ballsy and quite heavy on a 6 string so I fear on a 7 they may be a bit too throaty for my liking.

ALL of their pickups coil tap. I would definitely pick up with Tim or Steve - they are both really cool guys and will give you a good idea of what will suit your needs.

Krypteia713

Reaction score
Dormant said:
I think the Mule or the Cold Sweat would be great for the neck. I prefer the Nailbomb for the bridge as its a bit more searing and the clarity is lot tighter. The Warpig's seem very ballsy and quite heavy on a 6 string so I fear on a 7 they may be a bit too throaty for my liking.

ALL of their pickups coil tap. I would definitely pick up with Tim or Steve - they are both really cool guys and will give you a good idea of what will suit your needs.

Thanks for the info I'll definatly contact them..hmm for some reason i cant find the cold sweat on their site?????? Maybe I'm just looking int he wrong spot.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
Krypteia713 said:
Thanks for the info I'll definatly contact them..hmm for some reason i cant find the cold sweat on their site?????? Maybe I'm just looking int he wrong spot.

Hmmmm ... I've just noticed that its not on the products page but it is on the sales page ... I think there should be some clips on the forum anyway if you do decide to go with something else.

Krypteia713

Reaction score
j7899 said:
Glade you like yours, you got the good one and I got the bad one from DCGL :( Anyways enjoy it.

Mine still has the misaligned pole pieces.I just dont care because it still sounds great.Did you find out what the problem was? Was it the way semour duncan bulit the pickups?neck pickup routing in the wrong spot?, or is the bridge routed incorrectly?

j7899

Reaction score
Krypteia713 said:
Mine still has the misaligned pole pieces.I just dont care because it still sounds great.Did you find out what the problem was? Was it the way semour duncan bulit the pickups?neck pickup routing in the wrong spot?, or is the bridge routed incorrectly?

Jason said he emailed Schecter about it, so I am not sure, I think it honestly is because of the extended scale, 26.5" is an odd length. To fix the issue the neck pickup would need to be lowered most likely more as a middle pickup then a neck pickup. I am returning mine because it sounds really bad, the neck pickup doesn't bother me too much. I just wish the C7 blackjack I am keeping had better lower fret access.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
j7899 said:
Jason said he emailed Schecter about it, so I am not sure, I think it honestly is because of the extended scale, 26.5" is an odd length. To fix the issue the neck pickup would need to be lowered most likely more as a middle pickup then a neck pickup. I am returning mine because it sounds really bad, the neck pickup doesn't bother me too much. I just wish the C7 blackjack I am keeping had better lower fret access.

It's not the scale... it's Duncan's fuckup!

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pole pieces are kind of wide on my H207 but it's not really that bad.

')