My Screaming "Progress" :P (MP3 Inside)

• Thread starter Chris Feener
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Will somebody fucking sign this guy already!?

That sounded awesome, mate. Good range :hbang: Although I never heard when you were just starting out so have nothing to compare it too :lol: To me it sounds like you're up there with the best of them so whatever practice you've put in has definitely been worth it :yesway:.

nine squares

Reaction score
you´ll gonna hear from me when Ive got a song ready for you man, need to have those vocals recorded! :agreed:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Quite impressive. Reminds me of the vocal styles of a lot of the new deathcore styles without all the squealing.

Bit of Randy Blythe in there too. Sounds sweet dude!

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
Quite impressive. Reminds me of the vocal styles of a lot of the new deathcore styles without all the squealing.

Bit of Randy Blythe in there too. Sounds sweet dude!

Exactly what I thought. It sounds awesome. Good work dude.

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
Dude, what the fuck. For the life of me I can't figure out how to scream like that. How do you do it?

When ever I try, it either sounds like a high pitched dying cat with a nasal deep vibrating undertone, or one of those terrible hardcore yelling screams ala Hatebreed :(

Chris Feener

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys!

Actually to do it like that is REAL easy :p

I'm not doing it any louder than normal speaking voice. Then with the help of a compressor and a little pre-amp gain it really comes to life. It's kind of cheap but it gets the job done and sounds pretty bad-ass :hbang:

I'm getting it LOUDER, slowly but surely. Just trying not to force it and do anything incorrectly - my clean voice is MUCH MORE important to me.

My singing in general has gotten drastically better over the past while since I've been singing lead in my band. Breathing techniques and all that will come with practice, lessons just speeds it up (which I do not have access to, unfortunately).

Espaul

Reaction score
hey man! when you do those really low screams, have you tried to sing two tracks then?

I think it will sound awsome!

IconW

Reaction score
Hey that was grrreat!
Articulation is nice and clear.
And your sound is good.

Way to go!

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
wow man that some pro shit!
awesome playing bro:metal:

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
hey man! when you do those really low screams, have you tried to sing two tracks then?

I think it will sound awsome!

+1

Agreed completely with the Lamb of God + Children of Bodom thing, I dig it hard.

Double tracking really helps makes things sound fuller, and you should totally experiment with layering your high scream over your low, there's a 100% chance of a badass result.

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
so you go through a process of preamps and etc. to get the right mix of tone for your sound. did you also do your own guitar tracks, ive been wanting to do my own side project, with me playing the guitars, vocals and drums, the drums oh how miss playing the drums. what do you use to record and etc? please send PM it would be a great help. THANKS!!!

Chris Feener

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I tried some double-tracking. I really have no idea how to do it, but the low+high definitely sounds bad ass.

When you double track vocals, just to beef up one line, not harmonies or anything like that, what do you do? Pan 'em like 60/60? That seems to sound alright.

Anyway here's the link:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...&key=a01276eb1980c6fef2e79f6db8ccb40bf4f973d9

Just one pre-amp, coming from my Line 6 Toneport KB37.

And yep, I did everything on there, PODxt for guitars, obviously, Nuendo 3.0 for mixing, Drumkit From Hell Superior for drums.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
:hbang: That was cool, after hearing it with the doubled-up vocals I definitely agree with the guys who suggested it :yesway:

Keep it up.

')