My Second Suhr Modern 7 Is Home

• Thread starter infernalservice
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fantasyl

Reaction score
Love the bengal too, but the burled is just incredible. HNGD!!!
Your new 7 with a custom made ultra thin and round neck is officially my dream guitar!

Do you mind sharing some info on the neck profile and thickness?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Wow that is awesome. It looks like a redwood top with that stain and the flame figure in the black limba is nice. One of the bat Suhr's I've seen.

infernalservice

Reaction score
Love the bengal too, but the burled is just incredible. HNGD!!!
Your new 7 with a custom made ultra thin and round neck is officially my dream guitar!

Do you mind sharing some info on the neck profile and thickness?

Sure, it's the ecliptical modern shape with the default thickness (tapered 0.82 to 0.87 inches). I have owned a 6 string modern in the same shape but with the standard suhr compound radius. I prefer a flat radius so both of my 7's were ordered with a non compound 20 in radius. I just prefer it for bending and to keep my fingers less jumbled up for both lower register chording (I use lots of open strings for dissonant/ambient effects) and lead playing.

The modern neck also comes in the two slightly thinner versions. All shapes are based on an eclipse cut in half. One thing to remember is tha if you want a thinner neck, they can custom shape anything, but also a really thin neck will likely have to be shaped more flat than round like you want because it's the thickness that allows a neck to have a round curve that you hand notices. When I hear ultra thin I think "rusty cooley dean" and that thing feels sort of "D" profiled to my hand. :)

fantasyl

Reaction score
Sure, it's the ecliptical modern shape with the default thickness (tapered 0.82 to 0.87 inches). I have owned a 6 string modern in the same shape but with the standard suhr compound radius. I prefer a flat radius so both of my 7's were ordered with a non compound 20 in radius. I just prefer it for bending and to keep my fingers less jumbled up for both lower register chording (I use lots of open strings for dissonant/ambient effects) and lead playing.

The modern neck also comes in the two slightly thinner versions. All shapes are based on an eclipse cut in half. One thing to remember is tha if you want a thinner neck, they can custom shape anything, but also a really thin neck will likely have to be shaped more flat than round like you want because it's the thickness that allows a neck to have a round curve that you hand notices. When I hear ultra thin I think "rusty cooley dean" and that thing feels sort of "D" profiled to my hand. :)

Thanks, I guess in case I'll ever have the privilege of owning a Suhr, it will have the .78 - .83 neck, with the 20inch radius....I guess it's their thinnest profile, and I'm quite sure it will be awesome ;)

infernalservice

Reaction score
Do they offer a non locking term like the 6's? By the way those guitars are stunning!

Unfortunately no, the 7's are hipshot or floyd only. I chalk it up to being a niche market guitar already and non locking 7 trems being even less used.

Latest posts

')