My Second Suhr Modern 7 Is Home

• Thread starter infernalservice
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

infernalservice

Reaction score
I had this drop shipped to me right from Suhr last week. Its a modern 7 with a black limba body, cocobolo neck/board, and matching headstock and top in burled maple featuring a faded trans wineburst (first one they have ever done in that color). Stainless frets with the larger modern neck profile, offset inlays, and a 20in straight radius. For electronics it has the Suhr Classic Plus Bridge and Hot 7 neck. Master volume and a mini three way that splits the pickups with the inner coils hum-canceling in the middle like on an EBMM JP.
PICS:

The unveiling crappy iphone photos at home:

The pro shot pics from suhr:

I also contacted Suhr with the serial number of my other modern 7 and they graciously sent over the archive photos of it. They take pics of all their guitars before shipping if any of you other good Suhrs want to take advantage of it.

Here is a comparison shop with my faded bengal flame maple, mahog body, pao ferro neck one:

I took it for a run at rehearsal on Sunday and am digging it. The new one cuts through the mix a little more than the old one and the classic plus pickup is a slightly lower gain model (17k compared to the 20k in the bengal one), which plays nicely with my Kemper presets as I bounce from a couple high gain presets to a crunch and clean during our set. The nicest surprise is the middle position inner coil split. We have an interlude I recorded for our album using an acoustic and finger picking. With that position and a pristine clean channel, I do a great impression of the performance tone-wise in a live setting. The guitar is slightly heavier than my bengal modern. I am guessing from the body combo as the neck feels very similar to my Pao Ferro neck/board on the other one. The bengal is definitely the fatter sounding and rounder of the two. My plan is to using both of them recording, doubling up rhythm guitar parts on each side and then splitting leads between the two as I see fit. Live, I could use either and be stoked!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
Beautiful, both of them. While I'm a bigger fan of the bengal flamed one, both of those are drop dead gorgeous guitars. Enjoy, HNGD.

Musiscience

Reaction score
That is beautiful. I really loved the Bengal one too, very classy, woods are absolutely gorgeous. Suhr really choose some nice pieces. HNGDD!

pylyo

Reaction score
Sweet baby Djesus!

HNGD!

I had one and foolishly sold it.

Big mistake. Damn.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Holly Burl top Batman!

Both of your guitars are freaking sweet man!

I was originally going to say I like your bengali burst more, but after staring at that twin shot for a moment I really have to say they are both beautiful guitars in their own right.

Excuse my ignorance as I'm really pedestrian when it comes to my guitar woods, Maple necks and alder, ash or poplar bodies. But what does Cocobolo do to the sound, does it sound darker and bassier?

infernalservice

Reaction score
Holly Burl top Batman!

Both of your guitars are freaking sweet man!

I was originally going to say I like your bengali burst more, but after staring at that twin shot for a moment I really have to say they are both beautiful guitars in their own right.

Excuse my ignorance as I'm really pedestrian when it comes to my guitar woods, Maple necks and alder, ash or poplar bodies. But what does Cocobolo do to the sound, does it sound darker and bassier?

The cocobolo is close to a Brazilian rosewood neck. Warmer and more low mid oomph than maple. The pao ferro bengal is similar in that regard. Plus they both smell really sweet :)

infernalservice

Reaction score
Also I forgot to mention, if you look closely at the black limba, it is flamed in certain spots on the left and right sides!

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Good lord, i've finally seen the Holy Grail...

Congrats!!!

lorguitarist

Legions Of Raum
Reaction score
Very beautiful NGD. Congrats. That top almost looks like a burl hybrid.

EDIT: What I mean is there looks to be some other wood mixed in with the burl. Either way.....beautiful.

Daeniel

7string n00b!
Reaction score
Sweet mother of... damn, two of the most beautiful guitare I have ever seen! Next on the shopping list is definitely a Suhr :) HNGD!

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
The win is undeniable.

Are you with them or something? 7 string Suhrs (or hardly anything hardtail) is rare it seems.

infernalservice

Reaction score
The win is undeniable.

Are you with them or something? 7 string Suhrs (or hardly anything hardtail) is rare it seems.

I'm not affiliated at all. Suhrs are only as rare as customer tastes as they are all made to order! Pro series and runs excluded of course.

Latest posts

')