My top 3 players! <3

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well for now at least, when my Sherman comes I fear my Carvin will be knocked down a few pegs! :lol: Anywho, tooks some recent pics of my three favorites and figured I'd share:

Harem_2_2008_1.jpg

Harem_2_2008_2.jpg

Harem_2_2008_3.jpg

Harem_2_2008_4.jpg

Harem_2_2008_5.jpg

Harem_2_2008_6.jpg

Harem_2_2008_7.jpg

Harem_2_2008_8.jpg

Harem_2_2008_9.jpg

Harem_2_2008_10.jpg

Harem_2_2008_11.jpg

Harem_2_2008_12.jpg

Harem_2_2008_26.jpg

Harem_2_2008_27.jpg

Harem_2_2008_28.jpg

Harem_2_2008_29.jpg

Each guitar has a very unique sound thanks to the various woods, fretwire and pickups chosen for all three. I'm looking forward to hearing my Sherman in a few months to see where it fits in the tonal spectrum as I haven't heard a 7-string set of BKPs in person yet so I'm excited to see how that turns out. For now, I'm pretty darn happy with my guitars! :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
Hmmm, I always liked the dragonburst, but next to the other guitars, I think it's kinda meh. Great collection though.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
Matt, your all walnut Thorn is the most flawlessly constructed guitar i've ever come across :bowdown:. for those that have never seen this guitar in person are truly missing out on the work of art that it is. the attention to detail is unlike anything you will ever see. pictures do it a horrible injustice.

Russ

Reaction score
Tell us how well that Carvin plays, cause damn, does it look sweet...

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Matt, your all walnut Thorn is the most flawlessly constructed guitar i've ever come across :bowdown:. for those that have never seen this guitar in person are truly missing out on the work of art that it is. the attention to detail is unlike anything you will ever see. pictures do it a horrible injustice.

The Tele is better. There, Matt, I said it. :lol:

The walnut guitar is definitely the showpiece. It looks absolutely stunning in person. It sounds and plays great. That Tele is one of the top five guitars I have ever played. The Thorn P90 pickups are the most dynamic, musical, and diverse pickups I have ever played. It has so much vibe that it is the one guitar that no one can put down. When he stopped by with the two of them, the walnut guitar sat in the corner while Mike and I fought over the Tele. Best Tele ever, seriously.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
The Tele is better. There, Matt, I said it. :lol:

The walnut guitar is definitely the showpiece. It looks absolutely stunning in person. It sounds and plays great. That Tele is one of the top five guitars I have ever played. The Thorn P90 pickups are the most dynamic, musical, and diverse pickups I have ever played. It has so much vibe that it is the one guitar that no one can put down. When he stopped by with the two of them, the walnut guitar sat in the corner while Mike and I fought over the Tele. Best Tele ever, seriously.

My Carvin will stay, I just get the feeling that the craftsmanship and tone of the Sherman is going to be amazing. :D

In terms of tone, I agree... I really love the way the Tele sounds. I think the one thing I'm tempted to try is buying a Nailbomb 6 set and throwing it in the bridge of my Artisan Deluxe though. The Rebel Yell is awesome, very smooth but I think the overall feel of the pickup isn't aggressive enough in both the bridge and neck positions. The middle position is pretty killer though! :D I think once I get all my guitar stuff paid off I'm putting in a call to Tim and swapping the pickups in the Artisan to see if that spruces it up more... it's not quite metal enough and that's really what I want to hear from that guitar. :evil:

The Junior 90 is one of the greatest guitars I've ever owned. Seriously. Noodles hit it right on the mark... in the past week I've played nothing but that guitar! :lol: Considering how many nice ones I own, that one gets a ton of my playing time. Ron just released a press note on the TNDP site saying he's discontinuing them for now so he can fully concentrate his focus on the Artisan backlog because it is short enough now that he's predicting the gates to open up again in late 2008. I'm hoping he brings them out again because I'd love to have one more Artisan and another Junior someday. The combination of construction, wood choice and those insanely awesome P-90 pickups makes that guitar a winner for sure. I dropped the setup to Eb on the Junior and MAN it's just growly and aggressive like a good P-90 should be! :wub:

Ed, I haven't brought my Junior 90 up for you or Billy to check out yet... maybe when I stop by this weekend I'll bring my Carvin AND my Jr 90! :D It's going to be sensory overload between the Lundgrens, the Stapletop P-90s and the Brunetti R-EVO! :rofl:

')