My Tryout Video for Corellia

• Thread starter otop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

otop

Reaction score
Sick Song. Amazing Band. Posting because I would like to show the guitar work on this masterpiece. Appreciate the feedback
Please skip to 1:25 to avoid the rambling :p

Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
Nah its just a tryout.. They have an open position

that is awesome man...i hope it is less of a fixed / fucked up one that the one they did for Limp Bizkit...

Good luck for sure. Can you post as many as possible?

I read an interview from Ray Luzier (new KORN guitarist) where he was saying that he felt that one reason why he got the gig was because he tried as hard as possible to learn all their songs, so that after 4 days of trial he could suggest to them some songs which they hadn't been playing with the other potential drummers.

Apparently they were really surprised and pleased to play different tunes, especially some oldies which they hadn't really been playing lately.

I think it is a very good approach!!!

corellia_guitar

Reaction score
that is awesome man...i hope it is less of a fixed / fucked up one that the one they did for Limp Bizkit...

Good luck for sure. Can you post as many as possible?

I read an interview from Ray Luzier (new KORN guitarist) where he was saying that he felt that one reason why he got the gig was because he tried as hard as possible to learn all their songs, so that after 4 days of trial he could suggest to them some songs which they hadn't been playing with the other potential drummers.

Apparently they were really surprised and pleased to play different tunes, especially some oldies which they hadn't really been playing lately.

I think it is a very good approach!!!

we're not quite as big as korn or limp bizkit man :lol:. we haven't even played a show yet. we have just been having people that messaged us about trying out do a video/recording because it makes more sense than meeting them in person only to find out that they can't play the music at all.

ryan - it's sounding sick man. it's obviously not perfect and there are some timing issues but the effort and potential is what counts. this is actually pretty impressive for only have been working on it for a few days, it sounds better than anything else we've received. just keep working on the stuff till it's super tight. this + how close you live + your taste in gear/music + how prompt you seem to be makes us really excited! did not know you posted here btw. clayton (drummer) and i think we need to meet up and jam soon and see where that takes us. i'll get back to you about that more on myspace.

King Ian

Reaction score
Tone sounds pretty good even from your camera mic, nice pickups too. :) Clean playing! Good luck with the tryout. Also, :hbang: Temecula lol

Dentom79

Reaction score
great playing, very clean, you made me an instant fan of this band :p
I hope Corellia picks you, I love your sound and gear so.

otop

Reaction score
Tone sounds pretty good even from your camera mic, nice pickups too. :) Clean playing! Good luck with the tryout. Also, :hbang: Temecula lol

You wouldn't happen to be friends with Mitch Navarro and Dave?

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
That was great man! Haha, I just picked up a 1570 yesterday, so this was double cool for me. I hope you get the spot!

')