My (Very Ambitious) First Build, Complete Picstory! Instant Gratification FTW!

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
wow........... I'm not a big fan of the shape (strat/super-strat is all I like:lol:) but the wood.........

Seriously, fantastic work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
Sweet baby lord jesus. Incredible, and super clean work. Lovee the wood choice, but i'm cringing thinking about slinging that axe. 14 lbs?! :lol:

drezdin

Reaction score
Wow. I'm on my second build and it is crap. This is just awesome

abadonae

This Fury Reborn
Reaction score
Dude its gotta be said...this is the most impressive build i've personally ever seen on here, for someone who hasn't said they're an official luthier, claims its there first ever build, that is outstanding.

I've always like the explorer shape but worried how it would look as an 8, however that thing is stunning, the kelly style headstock is just perfect for it as well.

The spalted maple and all the little things you've done/added to it just work and come together to make a thing of absolute beauty. Outstanding work man, i honestly hope to see more from you one day :)

Fred

Reaction score
Ya I dig that little "ghost" figure I have embedded in there. I'll upload a closeup of him

It weighs 14 pounds without the case. Not light. Hopefully once I take the neck down a tad it will be a bit lighter.

Haha, I hadn't clocked that figure first time round - looks like Psyduck.

Also, 14lb isn't all that bad - the 30" 8-string I had for a year or so was 20lb before the guy I sold it to tried to even out the neck dive by adding a lump of lead to the control cavity, bringing it up to 23lb... That thing was beastly.

Totem_37

Earth's Yellow Sun
Reaction score
Dude its gotta be said...this is the most impressive build i've personally ever seen on here, for someone who hasn't said they're an official luthier, claims its there first ever build, that is outstanding.

I've always like the explorer shape but worried how it would look as an 8, however that thing is stunning, the kelly style headstock is just perfect for it as well.

The spalted maple and all the little things you've done/added to it just work and come together to make a thing of absolute beauty. Outstanding work man, i honestly hope to see more from you one day :)

Thanks dude! I really appreciate that! Hopefully one day I will be a full on luthier, but for now I'm just a journeyman. It is my first build, though I have lots of experience with repairs and mods.

Re: the explorer shape... I needed to scale up the body so it wouldn't look silly with the huge neck (both in length and width). The headstock was inspired by James Hetfield's KL Explorer. That's always been one of my very favourite guitars, and I was just itching to turn that sucker into an 8-string.

I hope to be able to keep putting stuff out there! Thanks again for the kind words all!

jay133

Reaction score
Well, man, i think you trolling us, because this thing is too good and cool for the first buil)) Just joking, but we have to see some videos as with it as soon as possible))

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
DSC05086.jpg

That is NASTY in all the right ways!

')