My (Very Ambitious) First Build, Complete Picstory! Instant Gratification FTW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Levi79

Reaction score
Wow. Very, very nice work dude. Thanks for sharing!

IkarusOnFire

Reaction score
Sick build, but what is that headstock? I keep seeing it and I'm curious. Looks awesome.

It looks very much like a take on the Ken Lawrence headstock: (does super expensive stuff, think James Hetfield custom explorer)

25rhxmw.jpg

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Good thing this was necrobumped...if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't have seen only the most amazing Explorer build in the history of mankind!

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
holy shit. Nice. That thing is huge. Im disappointed that its an explorer though lol

Renkenstein

Reaction score
Hell of a job, man. That girl's a beaut!

Edit* Just noticed this was turbo-necro. Did OP build anymore since this one?

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
This was a dearly-needed necrobump. Oh my LORD my GAS senses are on overload.

How many newborns do I have to sacrifice to have luthier skills as good as that?

Simic

Reaction score
Amazing build right there. Dat neck. Also this thing is freaking huge o_o

electriceye

Reaction score
That really is amazing. Beautiful creation. RE: the weight. Any reason you didn't chamber the hell out of it?

Totem_37

Earth's Yellow Sun
Reaction score
Haha appreciate the necro-bump love folks!

For the record, (as stated in the OP) this was indeed my first build, but I did it under the tutelage of Tony Karol of Karol Guitars in Mississauga, Ontario. That being said, I have been working as a guitar repair tech for eleven years, and have been running my own repair business (Hanff Guitar Repair) since 2011. I've worked under some pretty heavy repair techs, including Allen Hunter (AVH Guitar Repair - Dendroaspis on here), so I'm not exactly green when it comes to this stuff.

Within the next week or two, my band (Earth's Yellow Sun - www.facebook.com/earthsyellowsun) will be releasing a couple live vids on youtube including a cover of Now You've Seen the Butcher by Deftones where I'm playing this bad boy. So hold tight, and there will be some live footy real soon!

Thanks again for all the love!!!

Totem_37

Earth's Yellow Sun
Reaction score
Okay, as promised, here's a live vid of my band, Earth's Yellow Sun playing You've Seen the Butcher by Deftones. Featuring Adam Matthews of Intandem and Third Eye Open - A Tribute to Tool on Lead Vox. My other guitar player is playing an M80M prototype on loan from Allen Hunter (Dendroaspis) of AVH Guitar Repair that was given to him by Frederik himself. Check it out! Hope ya dig!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCw-NxmivRM&feature=youtu.be

metallidude3

Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this, years ago. But this is spectacular!

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Okay, as promised, here's a live vid of my band, Earth's Yellow Sun playing You've Seen the Butcher by Deftones. Featuring Adam Matthews of Intandem and Third Eye Open - A Tribute to Tool on Lead Vox. My other guitar player is playing an M80M prototype on loan from Allen Hunter (Dendroaspis) of AVH Guitar Repair that was given to him by Frederik himself. Check it out! Hope ya dig!

HO. LY. SH*T.

Edit: remove the "s" in https:// to embed YouTube videos

Blue1970Cutlass

emberwolfmusic.com
Reaction score
I too am glad this got necrobumped - I fvcking love explorers & missed this one the first time around!

')