My video tutorials

• Thread starter ahjteam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
Maybe layers of guitars, some people (we all were at some point) are confused on layering on guitar parts, double and quad tracking, to get a thicker sound in the mix?

Just an idea :lol:

ahjteam

Reaction score
This weeks video is fairly often requested "can you make a vid how do you mix a song", so I made one. I made a song with each basic element (drums, bass, rhythm and lead) and pocketed them to their own spectral space on a song titled "THE MOST ANNOYING SONG IN THE WORLD"

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
What, no love for syncopated rhythms? :p

If it were a brand of cheese,

Bassline: double chedder, extra mature.

cheese_oh_cheese.jpg

The advice is solid though!

ahjteam

Reaction score
After I had recorded the video, I noticed that I accidentally had recorded the macbook microphone and not the line level input. FML. But enjoy the subpart audio quality while I mix Feared's "Lords Resistance Army".

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Thanks for the new video.

I have a question: you used a spectrum analyzer. Do you know of a good free spectrum analyzer?
Or do you think the one that comes with Cubase will do the job fine?

EDIT: one other question: did you route the lead guitars in the same bus as the rhythm guitars or did you put them on a separate bus?

ahjteam

Reaction score
Thanks for the new video.

I have a question: you used a spectrum analyzer. Do you know of a good free spectrum analyzer?
Or do you think the one that comes with Cubase will do the job fine?

EDIT: one other question: did you route the lead guitars in the same bus as the rhythm guitars or did you put them on a separate bus?

Voxengo SPAN. No Pro Tools version tho.

In that particular mix I routed all the guitars to the same bus, but if I have more than 6 tracks, I usually route them to acoustic, clean, lead and rhythm buses separately, then those to a master guitar bus.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Voxengo SPAN. No Pro Tools version tho.

In that particular mix I routed all the guitars to the same bus, but if I have more than 6 tracks, I usually route them to acoustic, clean, lead and rhythm buses separately, then those to a master guitar bus.

Thanks!

I have already read about Voxengo Span. I will download it! :yesway:

')