My Warmoth bari-7 guitar and project!!!

• Thread starter Tesla_1989
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
Hi, I just sold a Takeuchi TRS lo pro 7 from my spares collection. The route for the bridge is LARGER than an Ibanez Edge (which sell for up to $240 USD, try Vwall Guitars - Copperhead Music (Powered by CubeCart)), so you will have to fill the cavity and re drill/route to fit it, if you want it neat, otherwise it can be adjusted but you will have gaps.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, save your money for gas when on tour!!!

You might find that buying a selection of broken floyds off eBay and taking the string holders from them to find one that suits you. Lots of the guys at JemSite really go to town on fussing (negatively) over the TRS 7, as to them it is what makes their over priced guitar "better" than the "lowly" cheaper guitars... How sad...

The Graphtech GHOST system provides piezo saddles for Floyd Rose trems, with a "HexPander" circuit in the guitar for MIDI output to a converter and synth module or PC. It is likely you will have to route out the guitars body to fit the system, which is quite expensive.

I always wanted to use MIDI from my guitar, as there are some unreal synths as VSTi's which I can run live from my laptop, but even on mid priced dedicated MIDI guitars, such as the i series from Brian Moore, the tracking was going to be an embarassing liability in live performance, but that was just how it was adjusted in the shop, further work might improve things.

If you like Dream Theater, I used to own a few JP EBMM guitars, including 7 string, and they were very good instruments. I'd reccomend one, although they are small guitars, the finishes are plain (in my opinion) and of course, signature model stigma comes free with every one... But is it possible to impress another guitarist? Is that the point?

The piezo comes preinstalled on the over priced EBMM models, and is a nice novelty for confusing audiences with accurate acoustic tones without an acoustic. It's probably cheaper to buy an acoustic guitar stand than a new guitar...

My contribution would be, enjoy your guitar and resist the temptation from other guitarists to chop it up and add extra bells and whistles... Because they will only be viewed as gimmicks later on... Good luck with your music!

Tesla_1989

Reaction score
Hi, I just sold a Takeuchi TRS lo pro 7 from my spares collection. The route for the bridge is LARGER than an Ibanez Edge (which sell for up to $240 USD, try Vwall Guitars - Copperhead Music (Powered by CubeCart)), so you will have to fill the cavity and re drill/route to fit it, if you want it neat, otherwise it can be adjusted but you will have gaps.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, save your money for gas when on tour!!!

You might find that buying a selection of broken floyds off eBay and taking the string holders from them to find one that suits you. Lots of the guys at JemSite really go to town on fussing (negatively) over the TRS 7, as to them it is what makes their over priced guitar "better" than the "lowly" cheaper guitars... How sad...

The Graphtech GHOST system provides piezo saddles for Floyd Rose trems, with a "HexPander" circuit in the guitar for MIDI output to a converter and synth module or PC. It is likely you will have to route out the guitars body to fit the system, which is quite expensive.

I always wanted to use MIDI from my guitar, as there are some unreal synths as VSTi's which I can run live from my laptop, but even on mid priced dedicated MIDI guitars, such as the i series from Brian Moore, the tracking was going to be an embarassing liability in live performance, but that was just how it was adjusted in the shop, further work might improve things.

If you like Dream Theater, I used to own a few JP EBMM guitars, including 7 string, and they were very good instruments. I'd reccomend one, although they are small guitars, the finishes are plain (in my opinion) and of course, signature model stigma comes free with every one... But is it possible to impress another guitarist? Is that the point?

The piezo comes preinstalled on the over priced EBMM models, and is a nice novelty for confusing audiences with accurate acoustic tones without an acoustic. It's probably cheaper to buy an acoustic guitar stand than a new guitar...

My contribution would be, enjoy your guitar and resist the temptation from other guitarists to chop it up and add extra bells and whistles... Because they will only be viewed as gimmicks later on... Good luck with your music!

Wow, quite an informative post!
-In all fairness though, I have considered all this. At one point all my saddles were taken from an OFR, but the string slippage problem was not solved, so I looked into alternatives. The most common solution I found was the EP-7 trem. Now, I'm not dead-set on this, and I do realize that a lot of the things I would put on are considered "bells and whistles". This is not something I'm terribly fond of since it involves me tearing the guitar up and doing lots of extra routing and whatnot. The piezos I'm a little more interested because of the ability to get an acoustic sound. The reason I was thinking EP-7 + piezos is because as far as I know GraphTech doesn't sell individual FR piezo saddles. The EP-7 has that advantage in that it can be fitted with the L.R. Baggs pickups. Routing, on the other hand, wouldn't be terribly difficult as I have a router that I can use, and my control cavity is actually quite empty (thank you Warmoth :D ).

Now, as for the JPMM, I've played one, and I'm not a big fan. I just can't get the tone out of one that I can from this baritone. Again, I'm still in the preliminary stages of planning these "mods", and so I'm always open to suggestion. In the end though, I want to mod this guitar as little as possible. Thanks for the post though, it was really helpful :)

')