N(42 year old)GD

• Thread starter rareform707
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rareform707

Reaction score
3 humbucking telecaster would be sweet.
well i think i wanna keep it vintage. im gonna order a bigsby trem and the original pickups (well factory replicas) and make it look as close to it did 40 years ago :) definitely got some time money cut out for me :lol:
ill keep you all posted! and ill update the thread tuesday when i get parts figured out :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
that looks like a corpse

BRING IT TO LIFE!

gonna look cool when its done.

or you could leave it looking like a corpse but make sure it's functional :lol:

that might look kinda sweet depending on how you do it... :agreed:
(seems like a lot of the work has been done for ya ;) )

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
AWESOME!!! Congrats mang! I have a 29 year old guitar that wasn't in as bad shape. It is the best sounding and playing guitar I've had in my life.

rareform707

Reaction score
@rareform : where are you with this 60s baby then? got a better idea of what you want to do?
well i just paid the last of my tuition last week, so until friday i have no funds to start anything at all :squint: but sadly ive decided to ditch the idea of using the original body in the build. im keeping the neck, but im buying a new reissued "aged finish" body. then ill just have to buy all the hardware and go from there :hbang:ill keep you guys updated with everything as it comes in, and certainly post pictures as it makes progress :yesway:

ps i dont have any personal plans with the body besides keeping it for the novelty(whats left of it :lol:). i have one user here interested in buying it, so if he follows through its his, but if anyone else is interested in buying it, shoot me a pm!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
NOOOO! NO NEW BODY! it looks way too awesome! :lol:

just cover it up with pickguard and bridge and stuff, so you con´t see the devries routes!

install piezo just so you can use the second jack! :lol:

i adore the backside of that body...

Xiphos68

Reaction score
well i think i wanna keep it vintage. im gonna order a bigsby trem and the original pickups (well factory replicas) and make it look as close to it did 40 years ago :) definitely got some time money cut out for me :lol:
ill keep you all posted! and ill update the thread tuesday when i get parts figured out :metal:
Yeah it be nice to see what it looked like 40 years ago except nicer.:yesway:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
i think your crazy to scrap the vintage body and wood like that. Fill the bitch with wood plugs and either paint it, or put a veneer on the flat top. it would be easy to veneer it.

Whitebear

Reaction score
Man do not sell the body, this is a "relic" and you have the opportunity to resurect that guitar. Fill the holes with a similar wood, the pickguard will cover a lot of the frontal part and you could use a sort of top to cover the back if it is too much damaged... Repaint in a plain color if u want to cover scratches. I think u can do a good work looking to theese photos

u have to use this type of pickguard:
telecaster.jpg

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
exactly. keep the body, and only do what you have to in order to keep it together. it looks gorgeously worn the hell out!

')