N.A.D!

• Thread starter N-j
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
after trying as many tube amps as possible and spending nearly 8 hours messing around with them, i finally decided which was best for me. and to be fair, it was not really a model i initially thought of.

i tried:

mesa single, duel and triple, good amps but i just did not like distortion, i know its a popular choice but it was just not to my taste.

engl powerball, again one i have seen mentioned on the forum quite a lot, but i just did not like the sound, seemed quite fizzy.

blackstar seris one 200, got a very good tone out of these amps and was very tempted by it.

peavey 6505+, this sounded really quite good but unfortunatley for it, it was displayed next to the amp i finally decided to get.

which was a Peavy JSX, to me this amp sounds amazing and is very versitile which is a big selling point for me. not really seen it mentioned much on the forums, but out everything i tried this impressed me the most.

probably not to everyones taste, but the right one for me. :shred:

EDIT: Here is a pic

Photoon2009-11-09at21.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
well you took 8 hours to find one, so i am sure you know why you bought that one!!! so congrats and let us hear what you can do with it!!!!!

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
i'll post some pics of it tomorrow, its already at my studio, and im not going there until tomorrow. ;)

troyguitar

Reaction score
The JSX is probably my favorite out of everything you listed there too (I haven't tried the Blackstar), good choice!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My JSX just came back from my friend's jamspace - I'm hoping my buddy or other guitarist buys it ASAP.

They are great amps :yesway:

aphelion

Reaction score
awesome amp...congrats. I heard a rumour that, despite designing its awesomeness, Satriani has been using marshalls lately... :(

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
Congrats on your new amp, glad you took the time to pick the amp that suited you best.

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
awesome amp...congrats. I heard a rumour that, despite designing its awesomeness, Satriani has been using marshalls lately... :(

shouldn't peavey, seeing as it's a signature model amp, be able to sort of "force him to play it", because they advertise it as the amp that he designed, built, etc. aren't there usually some kind of contract agreements forcing artists to endorse their own signature models? that seems very strange...:scratch:

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
shouldn't peavey, seeing as it's a signature model amp, be able to sort of "force him to play it", because they advertise it as the amp that he designed, built, etc. aren't there usually some kind of contract agreements forcing artists to endorse their own signature models? that seems very strange...:scratch:

But he's Satch, I doubt they would risk losing him by being nitpicky about what amps he uses with Chickenfoot.

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
Pic added, when i sort out an issue with my guitar ill put up a clip or something.

Speedy

Reaction score

Yeah, and Metallica still have the Recto piles on the stage, and Hetfiled uses his Diezel VH4 live. That is just an illusion. Metallica is endorsed by Mesa, so there are Mesas on stage. Not that they would use the Rectos..

')