N(dream)gd Parker fly STEAL!

• Thread starter MaxAidingAres
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
Can somebody explain this "pre-refinded" thing to me.
Think pre fender CBS. Pre refined is what I thought was when different owners took over. However I believe it was when they revised the Parker process making various components and features cheaper quality. Like I heard they cut the cost of manufacture of the bridge by half etc.

xzacx

Reaction score

Think pre fender CBS. Pre refined is what I thought was when different owners took over. However I believe it was when they revised the Parker process making various components and features cheaper quality. Like I heard they cut the cost of manufacture of the bridge by half etc.

That’s an OK way to think about it, although it doesn’t really have the collectibility connotations that the Fender designation has. There are some specifics too though, like Gen 2 pickups in the refined, exposed balance wheel in the pre, and different control layouts.

IMO there’s nothing super special about either in the sense that they both have all the things that make a Fly special already. I don't think there's a significant difference in quality—maybe some of the individual components, but not the overall instruments.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Pre-refined are the older Ken Parker guitars, then they were acquired by US Music Corp which changed the design a little. Pre-refined have the spring tension adjustment wheel, dimarzio pickups, and more knobs. The refined models simplified stuff like MaxAidingAres said, as well as switched to seymour duncans, and eventually changed the distinctive headstock.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I know you guys hate me lmao. The worst part of the transaction was how little the Sam Ash employees knew about it. They thought it didn’t have a trussrod because they couldn’t find the hole. Like seriously??? They also told me it was so cheap because the resale value for these guitars was so low. I’m just like a simple google search on there part was too much??

That's so much worse that it was Sam Ash, I was at least hoping that it was like a local deal or something. Damn dude, that's incredible. You must be having the best week out of all of us.

Musiscience

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever been more jealous than reading this NGD.

Congrats and enjoy it!!

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score

Essentially, everyone will go on about how pre refined is better but thats bullshit. Pre and Post both have cool features. Somethings changed for the better and some for the worse. Either way, your going to get a bitching instrument.

A-Branger

Reaction score
the really sad part is how little the previous owner of the gutiar got for it. If the store sold it to you for that cheap, that means theya re making some profit on it, even if its 20-50$

I get the store clerk on the day had no idea as he prob only knows about Fenders. But to the previous owner to not know????, seriusly dude, a quick google/ebay check would show you the re-sale price. I get it, he was desperate and needed the cash and couldnt wait months for the gutiar to get sold. Biut you need to draw the line somewhere.

I was on a similar position. Way behind my rent, closest gig I was working was too far away. So I took my LTD with upgraded EMGs and a flightcase into a pawn shop. The offered me half of what the pickups alone cost me, in other words if I had come with the pickups in their box I would have gotten same deal. The guy was a guitar player so he knew what it was. Either trying to rippme off to keep it for himself, or for me to not sell it and keep the guitar lol. Bottom line, it didnt matter how little they offered me I couldnt sell it for that

I have no idea how this guy sold a PArkeer Fly for 80-100$ at the best case scenario. Even putting that guitar at 200$ on ebay would have sold quicker

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
the really sad part is how little the previous owner of the gutiar got for it. If the store sold it to you for that cheap, that means theya re making some profit on it, even if its 20-50$

I get the store clerk on the day had no idea as he prob only knows about Fenders. But to the previous owner to not know????, seriusly dude, a quick google/ebay check would show you the re-sale price. I get it, he was desperate and needed the cash and couldnt wait months for the gutiar to get sold. Biut you need to draw the line somewhere.

I was on a similar position. Way behind my rent, closest gig I was working was too far away. So I took my LTD with upgraded EMGs and a flightcase into a pawn shop. The offered me half of what the pickups alone cost me, in other words if I had come with the pickups in their box I would have gotten same deal. The guy was a guitar player so he knew what it was. Either trying to rippme off to keep it for himself, or for me to not sell it and keep the guitar lol. Bottom line, it didnt matter how little they offered me I couldnt sell it for that

I have no idea how this guy sold a PArkeer Fly for 80-100$ at the best case scenario. Even putting that guitar at 200$ on ebay would have sold quicker
Exactly when I asked if anything was wrong with it the clerk said “nothing”. Then proceeded to say the resale value for these is really low so I can even imagine someone coming in with it and knowing what it was but NOT know how it truly functions as far as setup etc and therefor getting screwed. Or maybe it was a family member that doesn’t play guitar knows nothing except it ain’t a fender or a Gibson and goes based off of what Sam Ash tells them. Sad.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Stolen. Had to have been at sometime. I doubt someone bought that legit and then sold it for nothing. Reguardless, that dude at the store should be fired and never allowed to even THINK about a guitar again. Good deal for you though bro.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Or maybe it was a family member that doesn’t play guitar knows nothing except it ain’t a fender or a Gibson and goes based off of what Sam Ash tells them. Sad.

At least if that was the case, then based on the sell price, they at least didn't crank up the price to further rip off that other person...if they sold it for $169.99, the absolute most they made on it is $169.98, so at least know that GC didn't profit too much on their own stupidity.

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
Here’s some better pics of the color, and better assessment of the damage it came with.
B9_D1_B8_AF-_B779-451_C-_B6_AC-_C9157_CD29_FF7.jpg

Electronics cavity and you can see how the spring is broken but still works.
80_E453_A3-81_F3-436_B-9123-_C69_AED98_AE28.jpg

Here’s a chip on the side that could be worrisome? Idk? The fretboard is perfect attached still and frets are still perfect, just want to know if I should take action Incase it might expand?
BBD3_CF1_C-4_E11-4417-_BB60-_C0260_F87_DD85.jpg

Believe me, I’m still pinching myself

A-Branger

Reaction score
I get some people treat their guitars like "meh", but that previous owner didnt give a F about it. Going by the damage and the scratches in the lower horn closeup of the fretboard and in the top/back/around :O

at what point you get a "Parker" and just trow it on the floor like a Squier..?

which gaves me the next point, the previous owner didnt knew what guitar this was, and prob bought it really cheap too like 200-300$ on a pawn shop/garage sale or something.... Like "oh thats a weird looking guitar cool"

which makes a lot of sense why sold it for so cheap and didnt knew how it worked

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Stolen. Had to have been at sometime. I doubt someone bought that legit and then sold it for nothing. Reguardless, that dude at the store should be fired and never allowed to even THINK about a guitar again. Good deal for you though bro.

Pretty likely.

Latest posts

')