N(to me)GD (Carvin content)

• Thread starter zilla
  • Start date
  • Tags
    carvin
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Carvin CT74.

specs:

construction: set neck, tung oil neck
scale length: 25.5"
body: alder with 20mm highest quality maple top; back of body painted burst and natural body binding, blueburst front, satin finish
neck: Eastern hardrock maple,birdseye maple fret board, natural birdseye headstock, dropped shadow logo black
fingerboard: ebony, 14" radius
inlays: black dots
neck width 1.91" wide @ nut, 2.62" wide @ 24th fret
hardware: chrome
bridge: M bridge - tune-o-matic bridge set in body with strings fed through, chrome
tuners: Premium Sperzel locking tuners, 19:1 ratio
frets: stainless steel jumbo frets
pickups: SD passive pups (Sentient/Pegasus)
electronics: master volume & tone control, 3-way pickup selector, dunlop straplocks

Can't wait to get home tonight :D

(previous owner's photos)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Excellent, the maple neck/fingerboard and satin finish look great there.

TraE

Reaction score
Beautiful! Love that blue.

Last edited:

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I'm getting used to the 25.5" scale. The low B is a 64 and it feels flubby compared to the 62 that I had on my old 26.5" scale guitar.

Spamspam

Pastafarian
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Seriously, love that finish. Love the Ct7 model, too, great score, and happy NGD!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
On paper I'd say that's a dumbass color and wood plan for a guitar, but in real life, hot DAMN that looks good. The binding and the satin finish totally deliver.

Avogadr0

Reaction score
Awesome man. HNGD!

How do you find the Pegasus/Sentient combo? I have a set I'm gonna throw into my DC800 this week.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Man. I really need to take another look at Carvins. This is the second one in two days I've really liked the looks of. HNGD man; I really dig the natural binding with the blue...just looks great together!

zilla

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I've only had a chance to plug it in for about 5 minutes so far so I can't really tell.

All of my guitars have ernie ball cobalts on them. these strings are not cobalts. the guitar sounds a bit lifeless and flat compared to my other guitars. I'll put a set of cobalts on this weekend and see if that resolves the tone "issue". That being said, first impressions of the pickups are good. the low end seems to be well defined while the high end isn't ear piercing.

feel wise, the guitar plays like butter! spot on fretwork. The neck is a tiny bit thicker and rounder than an LTD H-1007 or Schecter blackjack SLS C7 neck, but it's still comfortable.

I'll post more info once i've had a chance to play it more and maybe throw a youtube video up.

')