N7D Carvin DC747

• Thread starter philownyou
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
One of the best Carvins I've ever seen! congratz dude ;)

philownyou

djentlemeN-
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. This guitar is amazingly beautiful and playability is incredible. I tuned it to A E A D G B E for jazz purpose and i'm thinking about maybe getting a bigger gauge than 056 on the low A string. Other than that, i will probably lower the pickups height to get a more complex sound, but overall the guitar is a beast. I'll try to post pictures of the KOA back when the sun comes back.

philownyou

djentlemeN-
Reaction score
Sweet Axe man!

Is it a 25.5 scale?

And which genre do you play?

Yes, this guitar has a 25.5 scale. I'm switching to university in electric jazz guitar after this summer, but at the moment im pretty much into all the djenty stuff like Periphery. I wish i had a camera to post a video of this guitar, it sounds really tight into the Krank RevJr, and even better into the pod 2.0. I might put some BKP's into my axe because those Carvin pickups are decent, but not incredible.

philownyou

djentlemeN-
Reaction score
You guys have any advice considering pickup height since i keep hitting the single coil with my plectrum. I've read lower the pickups are to the strings, more the wood will affect your tone. On the other hand, i love heavy string gauge on lower tunings, maybe i should get a 011,012 56 on the low A, what y'all think?

philownyou

djentlemeN-
Reaction score
Here's the koa as promised !

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 20

robertkoa

Reaction score
Congrats on the beautiful guitar !

Yes- I would definitely try lowering the pickups !

I have an H-S-S Carvin Bolt in Koa and I have the pickups low so there is no pick noise unless I pick hard.

It has generally thicker Strat type tones this way, very warm but articulate.

So start very low and work your way up- the AP11 middle will still sound good all the way down almost to the deck,- you won't have to be that low.

Does the guitar have a good loud unplugged resonance and FAT tones on the Neck pickup ?

')