NAD: A Devil of an amp!!!

• Thread starter lemeker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
Just got it and snapped a quick pic....better ones and a sound clip to come later:

So as no one probably knows, because I haven't really made it public, I have been in the market for a small wattage tube amp for recording, and bedroom playing. I have the Mesa in the basement n all but wanted something smaller for upstairs and late night silent recording. I have had my eye on a few amps lately mainly the H&K's, but they still lacked the gain I was looking for. Then I found out about these. This little Randall sounds great for what it is. Only got to open it up for a little bit, first impressions have been great. It has to me a dryer yet aggressive sound to its gain stage. Notes stay articulate, it's tight and not flubby like a Recto. I did boost it to see what it was like, and to be honest, you don't need it. I'm going to really put it through its paces here in the next day or two. I'm not great at recording yet, but I'll get something up for everyone!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    897.5 KB · Views: 82

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wickedout2014

Reaction score
The entire Randall Diavlo series is for real and sounds pretty damn good. I own the RD1C and take it everywhere with me. Easy to pack up! And it's loud for a little 1 watt amp. Congrats and hope you enjoy it. It's a rock solid amp man!

dbyrne23

Reaction score
How loud are these 1 watters? Looking for something for my new 7 string to use at bedroom levels with a good amount of gain however not too quiet etc. Also do you recommend the combo or the head and get the little cab?

Latest posts

')