Reaction score
The MI Amplification Megalith Gamma!

-30w/80w variable power
-Driven by 6550s but will take just about any other tube made
-Independent bright/attack/EQ/Gain switches
-Contour control for a full sweep of fat & loose to tight and thunderous tone
-An incredible clean channel!
-and so much more

I am beyond impressed with this amp. My Ormsby multiscale has never sounded so amazing. I knew from looking into the amp's specs beforehand that it had a lot of tweaking capabilities but it has truly exceded my expectations.

High gain first!
After sussing out a few of the demo videos online I was liking what I heard, particularly in the low end department. It's an extremely dynamic amp in the high gain settings that responds noticeably with every pickup change. That sweet, sweet, liquid pick attack... it was everything I loved and missed about my Mark V.
Every switch (attack/EQ/gain) has a distinct effect on the amp's tone and each is very useable. I've found settings that remind me of the Mark II setting on channel 2 of my the Mesa Mark V with a bit more guts and other settings that are so guttural that it's like blending a 5150 and the thump of a pushed JCM800. Other tones are like the perfect blend of a recto and a mark series. Brilliant!

There are a number of brands doing 'contour' controls now and none of them have greatly impressed me until I came across this amp. Every EQ control and the contour interplays with each other so well and small adjustments actual have an impact on the amp's sound.

I could rant on some more but I think the clean channel needs just as much praise.

MI amps have really done us metal heads justice with the clean channel. Again, with all its tweaking capabilities it is on par with everything I loved about the Mark V's clean channel. It can be full and warm with subtle overdrive, sparkling clean, funky town, or overdriven into beautiful sweet blues. The shared EQ is not an issue at all. My favourite tone has been split coil with a slight volume and tone dial off. :drool:

This is a prototype and from what I understand they'll be available later this year for around $1600 AUD, give or take.
Australian made and proud.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
:)
A guy offered me it as a part trade for my Kemper. Yes, the Kemper is going. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible piece of gear but so unnecessary for me right now.

wakjob

Reaction score
Nice.

Good to see you guys have some decent amps available down there without having to pay through the nose for it.

Being a spoiled American, I feel bad for Australian musicians.

evilsaint

Reaction score
Awesome amp indeed. Btw, Mark II mode is on Ch3.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Saint, I just checked the Mark V again and what I meant was edge mode. That was my mid gain mastodon tone.

DoomMantia

Reaction score
:)
A guy offered me it as a part trade for my Kemper. Yes, the Kemper is going. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible piece of gear but so unnecessary for me right now.

100% jealous; have been waiting so long for this to come into production.

When you want to move it let me know ;)

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Doom, I know I whore some gear but this one's a keeper.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Sounds like... A mark V with simplified controls, yet retaining the same level of versatility, and the ability to sound like a recto as well!??!?!?! And throws in the Blasktar ISF (contour) control to top it off!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
That is an amazing price for an Australian made amp. Did ya profile it? Sharing those profiles?

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
I will profile it this weekend and upload it ;)
Rust, it's really as you described and more.

miaudio

Reaction score
Hi Sevenstringers!

Just a PSA that the Megalith Gamma will be available from December 2nd for $1999 direct from Home | MI Audio and selected retailers.

Here is our video featuring James Norbert Ivanyi if you have not yet heard the beast in action!

wilch

Reaction score
Sounds like... A mark V with simplified controls, yet retaining the same level of versatility, and the ability to sound like a recto as well!??!?!?!

and for only $1,999 in Australia!@#!@!$!!!!

Mark V's are what? $100,000 here now or something? (exaggerating here about the price of Mark V's... but only exaggerating a tiny amount).

That sounds awesome, hope they become available to demo in the stores around here.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Great amp! Incredibly versatile and Aussie made, mate!

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
It's a banging amp. The clean channel is just amazing.

')