NAD - DAR FBM 100H

• Thread starter Alcoholocaust
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
I really dig the way you record the vocals... just a mic and a pissed off dude prowling around with power and aggression. :yesway: :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
I'm re-amping this Saturday and it will be mixed next week so could be up next weekend!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Thanks alot man! if you head to our Facebook page you can download our 4 track cd for free
(link is on the left hand column under our email)

HOLY FUCKING LIVE RECORDING QUALITY BATMAN!

Seriously, the clarity and "vowelness" as i like to call it, of the guitars, comes through really well!

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
We have our own sound engineer who is a good friend of ours Sam. He fucking rules. We have 45 mins worth of footage from that show we haven't edited too.
Sam also mixed the EP and will be mixing the album

PrestoDone

Cork Sniffer
Reaction score
Man i Was seriously thinking about getting one of these, but I couldnt see myself spending 4K on an Amp. I Want to play one first and if I like it and when they become available used I Might have to jump on one. One thing is for sure....they look KILLER.

wlfers

Reaction score
The 100H head is ~2,700. The HX which has all the onboard irs, and the price tag, is not out yet.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
fun fact: the high and low shaping filter thing is what i do on my POD instead of using a boost. I've always wanted an amp with pre-distortion EQ possibilities AND post-distortion ones.

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
fun fact: the high and low shaping filter thing is what i do on my POD instead of using a boost. I've always wanted an amp with pre-distortion EQ possibilities AND post-distortion ones.

It fucking rules man. So flexible.
With my main tone I cut some lows and boost the highs, but with lead tones you can make a nice smooth fat lead sound without even switching to your neck pickup!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
It fucking rules man. So flexible.
With my main tone I cut some lows and boost the highs, but with lead tones you can make a nice smooth fat lead sound without even switching to your neck pickup!

exactly! and you can make droning doomy tones by boosting lows before distortion too, because it gives you the purring sound on top of your tone.

Cameron Himself

Reaction score
One of the craziest looking amps I've every seen. It was obviously meant for destruction! Don't they use some sort of crazy power tubes in these?

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
Yep, 4 6c33B power tubes.
I have some footage from a show we played on Thurs night that i'll upload later today if you guys wanna see/hear it. I'm not sure how the sound turned out as our mate that filmed it was all over the place, (ADD? haha)

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
Yep, 4 6c33B power tubes.
I have some footage from a show we played on Thurs night that i'll upload later today if you guys wanna see/hear it. I'm not sure how the sound turned out as our mate that filmed it was all over the place, (ADD? haha)

What about preamp tubes? Dar's site is currently being renovated so no info there.

')