NAD!: ENGL e656 ...another Morse!

• Thread starter JustinG60
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JustinG60

Reaction score
well, here it is... it's not my first one but oddly i like this one more :nuts:

sold the first one because i didn't think it had enough gain. after deciding to just buy 1 amp that does everything i need i landed at another one of these or an Invader. i got this at a price i couldn't pass up and i at least knew 100% what tone i was getting when i bought it. i couldn't find an invader in a store to play in person... enough words... pics!

IMG_20150224_094308_zpsx9vlkmkt.jpg

and the updated pic of my home practice area

IMG_20150224_190646_zpskbl9zmzp.jpg

soo now a few pics are out fo the way... somewhat recently i went to possibly trade my Orange for an ENGL Blackmore. turned out it was the guy who bought my first Steve Morse! :lol: ...after playing the Blackmore, then my old Morse and finally hearing him play my Orange we both decided we liked what we already had more than what we were looking to trade...

here's my original, buying the same amp twice loses it's "new" feeling but i am loving it. i swear it really does have more gain than my old one!

1stMorse_zps48c9cb6b.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my last bit of rambling... my "new" Morse is actually newer so it still has the original tubes. well, all but 1. one of the power tubes must have failed and it was replaced with a Groove Tube. the GT burns so much hotter than the original tube so i just ordered a full set of JJ tubes with an optional "high gain" set of preamp tubes. should be fun soon! thinking i will be putting a video up on YouTube on how to bias an ENGL e656 Steve Morse. i'll probably explain the basics of biasing in the video too...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I've always liked the Morse amp since I tried it! I was actually thinking of getting one because I felt it cut much better than any of the other ENGL amps I've owned or have had the opportunity to play! And I like the blue! haha

Happy new amp day dude!

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Congrats! The morse was one of my first real amps, loved that thing. Miss it a lot, I'd definitely own another

JustinG60

Reaction score
I've always liked the Morse amp since I tried it! I was actually thinking of getting one because I felt it cut much better than any of the other ENGL amps I've owned or have had the opportunity to play! And I like the blue! haha

Happy new amp day dude!

funny because for the first time I have made my other guitar player's rig sound a little fizzy... he uses an ENGL Special Edition EL34. I was surprised by the clarity of this Morse. I finally hear all the positive things I have heard about this amp that I did not like the first time around. super happy I pulled the trigger and bought this ...even though I didn't really have the money :lol:

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
So...many...knobs...

But I'll be damned if the amp don't sound good

JustinG60

Reaction score
Haha yeh, the bottom row of knob are just for channel 3. The top row is for channel 1 and 2. My soon to be wife has been growing tired of my amp buying and said "why don't you just spend the money and buy 1 amp that will do all the types of music you play?!"

Interesting idea haha! ...I knew I wanted MIDI, I want a super saturated tone for my 7 and I wanted to be able to dry up my sound for my 6'ers. It doesn't really do the JCM800 sound but it does more than enough for what I wanted. I started my quest for my second Morse looking for a new one. My complaints about my first one wasn't shared by anyone else who has played on. I stumbled across this 2013 Morse on Reverb.com and said .... it, I can't find a new one and the scrapes in the tolex may give me a reason to but a cool covering on it! ...just gotta sell my Rockerverb I bought new now. Seems like people like Orange, respect them, even want em, but no one wants to pay for one. I have mine listed (Rockerverb 100 MK2) listed in the same price range people are listing their 50 watt MK1's. Hope it sells

')