NAD. Girls girls girls…..

• Thread starter mmr007
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
So after the fiasco that was my last attempt at buying a peavey xxx online and accepting that Guitar Center is better at shipping….i dunno maybe stuffed animals rather than amps I finally found another one and gave it another shot. Its ugly but based on my research it will give me at least one of the tones I am looking for. Like I said before elsewhere the stripper mudflap girl thing motif thing has gotta go.....and as for the knobs that look like the cap on womens shaving cream? They too have to go.

Seriously why do the knobs look like this?

So here is the amp in all its tacky glory...with knobs ribbed for my pleasure I guess

upload_2021-10-16_7-26-17.jpeg

Came with a footswitch and again best off all...no broken parts. Looking forward to getting the aesthetic mods out of the way and making it look pretty...oh side note...be very careful if doing a google image search for "modded xxx" or "xxx mods". Don't do it in front of kids...or at work...unless you want a short walk to HR followed by a long one way walk to your car with a small box of your personal belongings. Of course the length of your walk may vary if you have a better parking spot than I did.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bigsimpin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"Double your pleasure, double your fun"

Congrats mate, looks the sex! Now you can finally tell everyone you're going home to play some Triple X.

lewis

Reaction score
This amp is perfect,
Plugging in goes like this:

Crunch channel - "OK so mids at noon just "works" let's see how much gain this can go to...woaaahhhholy OK thts more than I expected for this channel. Sweet".

Ultra channel - "wtf ungodly amounts of gain. Can destroy world's and don't even need an OD and the mids are even sweeter without needing to mess with it at all?. Jesus wtf"

I remember reading Triviums Ascendancy was tracked using a XXX. You can see why.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
This amp is perfect,
Plugging in goes like this:

Crunch channel - "OK so mids at noon just "works" let's see how much gain this can go to...woaaahhhholy OK thts more than I expected for this channel. Sweet".

Ultra channel - "wtf ungodly amounts of gain. Can destroy world's and don't even need an OD and the mids are even sweeter without needing to mess with it at all?. Jesus wtf"

I remember reading Triviums Ascendancy was tracked using a XXX. You can see why.

That is the reason why the JSX is awesome. Lead channel is XXX's Crunch, crunch channel comes from the Peavey Classic and the clean channel is great.

Last edited:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Congrats! I was always a big fan of the tone from the XXX. Love the look too. Just no fucks given.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I love my XXX.

I do not love the knobs, either. I bought a cheap pack of chickenheads to put on mine, still haven’t done that yet. It looked great on the 3120 I had for a bit.

Gollapalli

The Hanged Man
Reaction score
Dude just own it and start a band named thundercock (about a rooster who can summon thunder of course). Actually, I'll join you, as it sounds like fun.

Congrats on the NAD.

')