NAD: JP-2C !

• Thread starter InFlames235
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InFlames235

Reaction score
Here we go! It finally arrived tonight. I've been playing with it for about an hour so far and I will say, at this point, I am totally in love. Of course it's the honeymoon phase, so take it with a grain of salt, but I am just ridiculously impressed already. The clean channel is great - like others have said, you can't really get it break up which is exactly what I like. It may not have as many options for different clean sounds as a Mark V does but it still sounds pretty damn close to the "Fat" option in my opinion and is still top notch.

As far as the gain channels go - that's where I believe this thing destroys my Mark V. Don't get me wrong I do love the Mark V, but the biggest complaint I always had was you couldn't get it to sound super fat. To me, it always sounded a little thin. I don't think you could even try a setting on the JP-2C that makes it sound thin. This thing sounds FAT. All the chords are crystal clear but much more raw and brutal than the Mark V. The single notes on both gain channels are fat and never feel thin - there is just more weight to them than what I was used to and I really liked it.

The first gain channel is definitely a little more raw and crunchy sounding than the second channel but over all I'd say the marketing is spot on that they're mostly the same besides a little smoother/more gain on the red channel. Another mega plus on this amp: I can dial in a perfect rhythm and lead sound and don't have to give up anything to do that. I need a few more hours messing around with it but, so far, I think the Mark V is going up for sale...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Genome

Reaction score
Let's hear some clips :)

Gibbycustom

Reaction score
Welcome to the JP club man! Doesn't it sound absolutely huge?! Have you tried it at high volumes yet?

katsumura78

Reaction score
Congrats! I like the layout of the included footswitch but if I can get the axe and Mfc all working together I doubt I'll need it. Clips man!!

BryanM7

Reaction score
Congrats dude. I like seeing more people picking this amp up.

protest

Reaction score
Congrats dude! I hope it slays.

Have you tested the loop "issue"?

ihunda

Reaction score
You guys are not helping my amp Gas... But I don't get all these references to the Mark V as being thin... I am sure the JP-2C kicks ass but the Mark V is not going to the trash anytime soon :)

Happy NAD!!!

InFlames235

Reaction score
Did you test the CAB CLONE?

No and I don't intend to. I have a Torpedo Live and this amp kicks ass through it. I know the Cab Clone won't come close to what the Torpedo is capable of.

Congrats dude! I hope it slays.

Have you tested the loop "issue"?

I have tested it and it's there but since I'm playing it at volume through my Torpedo live it's really not that noticeable and the guy that had an issue with it on Rig-Talk is already re-purchasing the amp since Mesa is issuing a fix for it. If it starts to be a nuisance for me I'll just bring it into a Mesa tech and get the mod done but I wanna see if there's any effect on tone first.

You guys are not helping my amp Gas... But I don't get all these references to the Mark V as being thin... I am sure the JP-2C kicks ass but the Mark V is not going to the trash anytime soon :)

Happy NAD!!!

I love the Mark V but I think it's just dependent on taste. I've seen it be 50/50 on people who think it's thin and people who don't. It's still an amazing amp, no doubt, but for now I think I'm keeping the 2C and selling the V.

InFlames235

Reaction score
OK guys so, I want to just say that I've never actually recorded before other than iPhone videos. Today I just spent the last couple hours trying to hook up my JP2C thru a Torpedo Live to my Reaper DAW/interface and I did a really quick take. I know it is a crap recording but I at least wanted to try something...here ya go:

https://soundcloud.com/matthew-boehm/jp2cdemo

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Pretty cool - gives a good sense of the amp sound.

Shask

Reaction score
OK guys so, I want to just say that I've never actually recorded before other than iPhone videos. Today I just spent the last couple hours trying to hook up my JP2C thru a Torpedo Live to my Reaper DAW/interface and I did a really quick take. I know it is a crap recording but I at least wanted to try something...here ya go:

https://soundcloud.com/matthew-boehm/jp2cdemo

Sounds like a good Mark series amp to me :D

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Just came in to say I've been on a huge In Flames kick lately and MMG is like one of my favorite songs.

Also nice amp.

InFlames235

Reaction score
Just came in to say I've been on a huge In Flames kick lately and MMG is like one of my favorite songs.

Also nice amp.

Haha ya man that song is super fun to play. I actually just found a "backing tracks" website that has the bass and drums already recorded for this song and was thinking of downtuning one of my guitars to C and playing through the whole thing on the JP2C

InFlames235

Reaction score
Thought people might be interested. I just recorded a cover of Overture 1928 with the backing drums/bass and such. I used a trick someone on rig-talk told me to play the rhythm twice and pan left/right and it DOES sound better. Still not expert quality by any means but I think it's much better than the last track, other than my mistakes in playing the song ;)

https://soundcloud.com/matthew-boehm/overture-1928-cover

')