NAD: lunchbox goodness!

• Thread starter maccayoung
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maccayoung

Reaction score
An 8-string through a zt lunchbox. A world first maybe?

zt.jpg

I've been gassing for a lunchbox for a while and the store was having a 30% off sale so I picked one up.

By itself the lunchbox only really gets into the low gain territory, but put the gt-10 in front of it and it's awesome. It's the perfect backup amp for me. I haven't had a chance to really crank it up but I'll put it through it's paces at band volume this weekend and see how I go.

It's small enough for me to bike with it in my bag and yet it can power a quad. How cool is that? :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maccayoung

Reaction score
Very cute. :lol:

I've never heard of these. Clips?

Congrats, mate.

It won't do metal without a pedal in front of it, but it's fairly transparent and 200watts. Since I'm using the gt-10 for everything it's ideal as a backup, just in case my head/poweramp decides to call it a day during a gig.

I'll see if I can record something this weekend.

Phlegethon

Reaction score
6.5" :eek:

I'm dying to hear one of these. I've seen a lot of really good reviews.

this is what I know about it from sussing out info

in a thread on a gretsch forum I heard that the lunchbox amp has less low end than other amps (IIRC it started to lose oomph at the 200 hz end and lower)

same source also gave it a rating of 120w RMS with 200w peak power. and the guy who made these was in the thread as well.

from listening to yt vids: it's a rather clean amp, and as it's been mentioned, only does the milder end as far as gain related sonds go.

found some vid info with a schecter hellraiser 8

also appears that this user really likes the schecter 8/lunchbox pairing. sounds good, and if I had the chance I'd definitely try one out. despite that bit about the low end I mentioned I heard the schecter didn't sound terribly thin in the bass with the stock speaker. although hooking this head up to a cab could just as easily remedy this fact

Phlegethon

Reaction score

here's some clean/ambient work. not my bag of tea by far, but it does show how the lunchbox handles things that aren't "t3h br00talz" with an extended range instrument. seems to be recorded well enough for a reference should someone use these vids as such

')