NAD micro but still damn heavy!

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
After my blackstar failed on me I needed something as a backup/replacement. I stumbled across this amazing small amp.

imagelzuy.jpg

Yep, It's an Orange micro terror! Impressed by it's size AND It's amazing growl!

This amp can handle metal VERY well!

silly Iphone recording.

great thing is, this only costed 50 bucks xD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex6534

Reaction score
I seriously want one of these, half for shits and giggles, half because it is a seriously awesome amp for almost anything and for 100 bucks for a back up...how can you say no!

GizmoGardens

ECE/MetalHead
Reaction score
HNAD. I'm boosting mine with an SD1 as well... They make a nice little combo. Perfect for some tight as metal tone-age.

Luke Acacia

STRAYA
Reaction score
After my next amp purchase....this is next in line. For the price and how sweet their sound is how can I say no!

Do you think with a boost up front and a 2x12 it will cut through with drums?

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
After my next amp purchase....this is next in line. For the price and how sweet their sound is how can I say no!

Do you think with a boost up front and a 2x12 it will cut through with drums?

Yes they can! 20 watts of power through a 2x12 is way louder than a drummer,

GizmoGardens

ECE/MetalHead
Reaction score
Depends what kind of music you play, but its very possible if you crank it. The only issue is that the 2x12 I use is 4 ohms and, even though it is supposed to be able to handle a 4 ohm load, the output becomes intermittent passed half way on the volume knob. I sent it back to orange for "repair"', but I have read a fair amount online about people experiencing the same problem.

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
Depends what kind of music you play, but its very possible if you crank it. The only issue is that the 2x12 I use is 4 ohms and, even though it is supposed to be able to handle a 4 ohm load, the output becomes intermittent passed half way on the volume knob. I sent it back to orange for "repair"', but I have read a fair amount online about people experiencing the same problem.

That sucks man, good thing mine runs at 16 ohms

GizmoGardens

ECE/MetalHead
Reaction score
That sucks man, good thing mine runs at 16 ohms

Yeah I was really disappointed. One thing I read was that I may be triggering some protection circuitry due to the lower load impedance, but when I talked to the Technical Support he didn't sound like he knew anything about protective circuitry being part of the amp's design. Who knows, we'll see what happens when they send it back to me.

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
Every video of this amp i'vs seen, the volume knob is never above "1"....is this thing really as loud??? Damn....i want one, it's so cute!!

Bevo

Reaction score
I also got one as a temporary fix until my new amp comes in, I rented mine for $8 a month!!
Its crazy loud through my 2-12 and I have yet to get it over 1 at home. Its got a pretty decent bottom end for such a small watt amp, you can get a good palm mute thud out of it.

IMG_0515.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0513.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
I wonder if it could work: take the headphone out of the pod hd500 and plug it in the aux in of the micro terror.....

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
:holy:

I knew those things were good but...wat. That sounds better than the Ht-5 I played.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Man that's kickass for such a small little thing! Gotta love it. Next time though bro... NO VERTICAL VIDEOS!!! ;)

Rev.