NAD/NCD: Boogie Content

• Thread starter InFlames235
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InFlames235

Reaction score
Finally! I've been playing on acoustic for a very long time and I was missing electric guitar like crazy. I had gotten rid of all my electric gear to trim things down ( doh! ) and so I had to get some new gear. The Mark IV was my last amp and my favorite amp to date but once I decided I wanted an electric guitar again I decided to check out the newer Mark V and was blown away. So here it is!

126B90FF.jpg

I also want to thank Matt's Music for being so awesome during this whole transaction. It all arrived pristine! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Slick rig!!! and/or Sick rig!!!
Have to ask though; Does that isolation mat really have any benefit over just using the wheels? I've always wondered that but have never had one to see for myself.

Neko

Reaction score
Kind of my perfect rig, man! Congrats!
:shred:

protest

Reaction score
Congrats!

One day I will own one to complete my rig of total overkill!

InFlames235

Reaction score
Slick rig!!! and/or Sick rig!!!
Have to ask though; Does that isolation mat really have any benefit over just using the wheels? I've always wondered that but have never had one to see for myself.

Just personal preference for me. I don't like my amps being on the wheels unless I'm transporting them some place. I also think the mat does a slightly better job of decoupling, but I could just be hearing things :lol:

InFlames235

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I didn't get a chance to play it last night because I got home pretty late but I plugged in today and it's seriously awesome. I tweaked around and played for a few hours and really dialed in some great sounds.

I am waiting for the guitar I ordered to arrive so unfortunately I am playing a borrowed Squire at the moment. It lets me use the amp but it definitely has some grounding issues and is causing a lot of buzzing with the amp. Can't wait for the guitar to arrive so I can play everything as intended :). The fact it still sounds great still on that guitar is even more impressive.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I am waiting for the guitar I ordered to arrive so unfortunately I am playing a borrowed Squire at the moment. It lets me use the amp but it definitely has some grounding issues and is causing a lot of buzzing with the amp. Can't wait for the guitar to arrive so I can play everything as intended :). The fact it still sounds great still on that guitar is even more impressive.

Yeah it's amazing how a great amp/cab will make about any guitar sound good.

My girlfriend bought a new squire bullet ($99) way back to learn on (never happened:lol:),
anyways, those cheapass generic single-coils were dare I say beastly through my boosted mesa rig.

I was honestly downright shocked by the tone. (from a $99 new guitar mind you) Noisy as all hell though!

Actually, out of the box it's playability sucked, but after I spent some quality time setting it up and tweaking the pickups it played a little better than expected.

jimwratt

Reaction score
What guitar did you order (please don't say Strandberg or TAM100 and really make us all hate you)?

InFlames235

Reaction score
Yeah it's amazing how a great amp/cab will make about any guitar sound good.

My girlfriend bought a new squire bullet ($99) way back to learn on (never happened:lol:),
anyways, those cheapass generic single-coils were dare I say beastly through my boosted mesa rig.

I was honestly downright shocked by the tone. (from a $99 new guitar mind you) Noisy as all hell though!

Actually, out of the box it's playability sucked, but after I spent some quality time setting it up and tweaking the pickups it played a little better than expected.

Haha sounds like you had the same experience as myself! I can't wait to get this thing going with some humbuckers and a better guitar. I can already imagine the tonez :bowdown:

Latest posts

')