NAD - no more SS bull crap wooo

• Thread starter mbuna
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbuna

Reaction score
No more MG100POS. I have tasted tube today. :shred:

Will eventually replace the cab, but it obviously sounded way better than what I'm used to, and $1000 on the whole rig was a pretty fair deal for my area.

Attachments

• NAD.jpg
    NAD.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 177

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

beneharris

Reaction score
ah nice score. i had that same exact cab, then traded it into the clackamas guitar center... thats not where you got that one is it? :lol:

once you do replace it, you'll notice a HUGE difference on an already sweet sound

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
i think there's more bull crap with tube heads, u'll have a better sound, but i don't know about "no more bull crap" the bull crap may just be starting for you my friend, welcome to the wonderful world of bad tubes, microphonics, biasing, and....well, BULL CRAP!!!

not to discourage you, it's a sweet amp, definately swap out the cab though. i just think your thread title is a bit off...SS is the most convenient and simple type of amplification, tubes require much more attention, tweaking, and maitanence. good luck my friend!!!

ps.....boost that bitch!!!

beneharris

Reaction score
i think there's more bull crap with tube heads, u'll have a better sound, but i don't know about "no more bull crap" the bull crap may just be starting for you my friend, welcome to the wonderful world of bad tubes, microphonics, biasing, and....well, BULL CRAP!!!

not to discourage you, it's a sweet amp, definately swap out the cab though. i just think your thread title is a bit off...SS is the most convenient and simple type of amplification, tubes require much more attention, tweaking, and maitanence. good luck my friend!!!

ps.....boost that bitch!!!

yeah not to mention the tubes will pick up any and all signals that are near it. i can't have my heater on in my room when i'm playing because it makes it to noisy :lol:

mbuna

Reaction score
Yeh waiting for a TS to come up on CL, I've got a Boss DS-1 somewhere that I'm curious to try with it, just for giggles.

I'm prepared to deal with tube bull crap, if it means I get tone like this. It's like having a hot girlfriend that always wants new shoes.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Yeh waiting for a TS to come up on CL, I've got a Boss DS-1 somewhere that I'm curious to try with it, just for giggles.

I'm prepared to deal with tube bull crap, if it means I get tone like this. It's like having a hot girlfriend that always wants new shoes.
I got my TS-9 for $60 in box new off my friend. They're waaay more then worth it. I have a solid state and it gives it a damn nice boost. I can only imagine how it will sound on an actual tube amp that's a beast to begin with. I must note the TS-9 ( depending how you set it) in general when engaged adds quite a bit of hum/ buzz so you'll definitely need an ISP Decimator to get rid of that.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Tube amps aren't inconvenient if you have even the slightest bit of patience, lol.

Sweet score!

shogunate

Reaction score
My tube head is down and at the moment I'm running through some ancient POS peavey combo with a distortion pedal in front of it.... Gives me more trouble than any tubes ever did :wallbash: It picks up random microphonics, the reverb pops at full volume every time I try to touch it, the speaker farts if I sneeze too hard, I have to bang it on the top hard when I turn it on otherwise it sounds like treble is on 0, still gets some random interference and occasional radio stations, I have to turn the mids DOWN and crank them on an outboard MXR eq to get them back, when I turn it off sometimes it'll make that whiny little dying sound for literally more than a minute before cutting out......

:lol: Tube amps, just treat em like light bulbs. Don't break em, don't get wet, replace em once in awhile. Really isn't that hard :)

Edit: Wow, sorry OP :wallbash: Happy NAD!!!! :wavey:

heilarkyguitar

Brown note
Reaction score
I love getting some church station while i play evil sounding riffs . Its funny to me. But I havent heard that in along time.

')