NAD: Orange Dual Dark 50 (w/ Clips!)

• Thread starter Endnote
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Endnote

Reaction score
I've actually had this since mid December. I got it like new for a steal on eBay. I saw a demo on youtube by Garrett Peters and it was enough to convince me that I was definitely gonna get one. Channel A and B both sound great. I'd say Channel A is more versatile, though B definitely has some degree of flexibility in its tone. The gain knob on both channels is very wide. Just between 5 and 6 on the knob there's a vast difference in gain saturation. The single tone knob on Chan B is very useful, though I pretty much keep it at 5. When you run either channel clean (which for me is keeping the gain around 3) it sounds very clear. But it doesn't take much for the amp to break up, once you hit 4 on the gain knob you're only going to clean up by using the volume on your guitar. Haven't made much use of the "attenuator" knobs as I usually play loud. Here are the pics followed by the clips. The clips are chan A on one and chan B on the other. It's some heavy riff I heard a while back that I can't seem to find the song for (if anyone happens to know the song let me know). I had Chan A with the gain on 6 and Chan B with the gain on 6.5 (a little too much in retrospect), and the EQ set at 5 for all respective knobs. I also used an MXR GT-OD to tighten it up. I used my Warmoth Strat with a Duncan Slug in the bridge, along with an AKG D5 mic and a Line 6 UX1 interface (ick!). The clips are pretty amateur like my previous clips but why not give it a try?
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/endnote162/orangefatchana[/SC]
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/endnote162/orangefatchanb[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Links to clips are also not working.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I can hear them now, and they're awesome - thanks! Felt like I heard some The Sword in your followup clips.

beavis2306

Lusts for gear
Reaction score
It's a cool sound. I'd be interested in spending some time with that amp.

Bearitone

Reaction score
That tone is nasty! makes me wanna try out an SD slug and crank the gain my dark terror!

Very cool clips, happy NGD! love it

Endnote

Reaction score
I can hear them now, and they're awesome - thanks! Felt like I heard some The Sword in your followup clips.

I'm a big fan of the Sword, so I'm okay with that! I played this with my Warmoth SSS strat today and despite having stacked single coils the sound was still pretty heavy. Definitely would recommend, I have to say the the Channel B "Dark Terror" sound is heavy!

')