NAD: Peavey Vypyr 2x12

• Thread starter Ricky Roro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
So I've been intermittently watching various online stores and sites for this amp (Peavey Vypyr Tube 120 Combo) for a while now, and finally I found one in my price range. I got it from Guitar Center's website. They said it would be here in 1-2 weeks, but it only took about 3 business days to arrive. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is in great shape. Not even visible dents or scratches. Everything works, including the tubes (I thought for sure I would have to replace them almost immediately). All in all I think it was a good buy :agreed:

Low-quality phone picture time!
27zvwcy.jpg

2uy6cz8.jpg

Edit: Should I downsize these two photos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I played the 60-watt 1x12 (tube) version at the chapel I play for and it sounds great! I'm sure the 2x12 sounds fantastic. That's a very versatile little combo!

Reaction score
One of my students had one and it was fun rocking up to his house and messing around on it. Best sim other than the fully digi ones I have ever heard. Not quite where the real ones sit but still, for the money I think they are a good purchase.

I would be interested in hearing the 100w head versions. Or 120, I dont remember anymore.

DslDwg

Reaction score
I have this amp. People on this site I'm sure will flip you some shit over it but I find it to be a very usable amp, with lots of usable tones.

glpg80

√εvil
Reaction score
HNAD dude!

I own the 60W and to this day it has been the best practice amp i have ever owned. Responds great to different tubes, gain for days, sound killer with a little volume on them, and can still play at mouse fart levels if you want to practice at night. Overall its very inspirational for banging out song ideas too - all of the built in effects make it easy to get straight to the point of playing which is great.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I think that these are awesome amps! Expecially if you put them through a really good cab (my friend converted his into a head and uses a Mesa Oversized. Sounds AWESOME).

metalguy_hk

Reaction score
I think this is an awesome combo, I wish I can get one in my local store in the future. I wanna know the comments for the 60w instead

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats! I've really gotta try one of these soon.

Latest posts

')