NAD!!! Pittbull inside!!! 56k*(time to upgrade)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
UBOR :)

One of the best sounding amps around at the moment in my opinion - hope you have hours of fun together.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
Congrats! Nice amp! I'm looking into buying a Fryette. Is there any way for you to make up some sound clips?

BTW - Nice guitar collectin you have there. You should join the Fender owners group on this site.

Hey man im in the process of purchasing the right recording equipment so i hope to get some clips up soon. Which Fryette are you looking into buying btw? Im in love with this amp to be honest and i highly recommend their amps now.

Yeah i didnt even think of joining that group, i will now though:agreed:

NewEyesOpen

Reaction score
Clips, now!!!!

I wanna hear this! I really would like to get one of these as my next high gain amp.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Clips, now!!!!

I wanna hear this! I really would like to get one of these as my next high gain amp.

I'll let Mike speak and do for himself, but I'll just tell you the UL is a very difficult amp to capture authentic recordings of. While it can be an excellent studio amp in the hands of a skilled audio engineer, it was designed as the ultimate 'live' amp. The way it sounds live in a room versus mic'd up close are two very different things in my experience.

I certainly encourage any and all clips, but I just implore you to not put too much weight into sound clips when it comes to amps like this. That said, bring them clips on Mike! ;)

NewEyesOpen

Reaction score
I'll let Mike speak and do for himself, but I'll just tell you the UL is a very difficult amp to capture authentic recordings of. While it can be an excellent studio amp in the hands of a skilled audio engineer, it was designed as the ultimate 'live' amp. The way it sounds live in a room versus mic'd up close are two very different things in my experience.

I certainly encourage any and all clips, but I just implore you to not put too much weight into sound clips when it comes to amps like this. That said, bring them clips on Mike! ;)

Thanks for the info, man. I appreciate it, a lot. I've never heard anything like that about VHT/Fryette amps so it's good to know. :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, man. I appreciate it, a lot. I've never heard anything like that about VHT/Fryette amps so it's good to know. :yesway:

Well, part of it is the cabinets too. For example the 'Fat Bottom' Fryette cabinets (which I use) are designed to project out and have its sweet spot further back. Not right up against the grille, you know? Whereas the 'Deliverance' cab is meant to sound great right up front, which is ideal for studio or home use.

It depends, all I know is some amps are extremely recording friendly (such as the 5150), others take a little more work to do the 'real life' tone justice. Bottom line is, clips are cool but I've yet to come across one in all the years I've owned the UL that sounded realistic to me.

:2c:

')