NAD: Positive Grid Spark 40

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
Finally, after ordering it in November of last year it has arrived in the wild. Great amp for what it does, its not meant to replace any tube amp or anything that would be used live. The thing is a practice amp, its meant to be something you can seamlessly plug into and get a good tone quickly from to get you going really quickly. Hugely powerful with backing tracks and much much more. So far I've only scratched the surface. Especially on the app, as that will add so many layers to what will be a very popular amp in the future. I can see many bands using them on tour for their warm up rooms. Looks great as well!!!

Now the downsides, the bloody laptop power brick, this needs to be integrated into a Version 2, they need to come up with an added footswitch, or even a bluetooth one, something that you can switch between the 4 accessible presets. As for the USB connection, USB A to USB B?? Id have it USB A to USB C, I'm sure this could have been used for a footswitch, or a bluetooth with the USB C to charge it??? Im sure that with them Positive Grid will be able to refine this amp, add more functionality on the app and get one or two of the more physical challenges of the amp as well.

Thing I'm gonna use it this week to create a whole hunk of noise when the Clap for the NHS happens on Thursday.

Pics:
EXRhjxmWoAEjzAw

EXRhjxoXYAsKeJi

Thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Meeotch

Reaction score
Nice man! I have one of these on order and am looking forward to it. I had a THR10X for a while and was just never satisfied with it, hopefully this will do the trick.

Could you offer your opinion on how the Spark sounds for just music listening? I preordered this thing to be a nice boombox in addition to a practice amp.

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
The sound for music is very good, very flat, not too much low end like my Bose speaker or a Razer Soundbar, both of them have a massive low end. Its a ideal wee boombox for when you don't need it as a amp, you can use it for both powering music thought it and playing along as an amp.

I love the 'Bogner Ubershall' model, i think its the best in there.

')