NAD: PRS MT15 Mark Tremonti 15w head (it's a beast)

Guitarjon

Reaction score
I got my PRS MT15 amp a few days ago and I'm super happy with it!

When I first unpacked the amp I immediately noticed that it was slightly bigger than I was expecting.
It's quite a bit larger than my small Orange Dark Terror and Jim Root but it's comparable to the Dual Terror, a little deeper.
It's got a good weight to it as well so it just feels super solid because of that.

It's 15 watts but it's freaking loud, incredible really!
I've put it through my Orange 2x12 and Mesa Recto 1x12 and it sounds killer through both cabs.
The Orange is the winner for this amp though, just sounds huge.

The clean channel is very clean but it has a nice feel.
When you pull the treble control you can get a slight amount of grit but only with high output pickups.
So what would make this amp even better for me is if there was a 'in between'/crunch channel.
However, I can easily get some nice bluesy tones with my EHX Soulfood pedal, which I can highly recommend btw.
Overal very nice cleans with good headroom and a responsive EQ section.
The EQ on this amp is a little clinical overall, but that is a good thing really, it allows for very easy tonal shaping.

The drive channel sounds absolutely huge!
Kind of like a modded Rectifier or something.
The highs are less fizzy than a recto though and the bottom is a little bit tighter.
The midrange is really great on this amp, it sits in the mix really well.
I like to turn up the mids and treble quite a bit to get even more mids.
Since the low end isn't mega tight you can easily use this amp with a boost pedal to get those sick modern metal tones.
However, I really like that the amp has a bit of a looser feel, it just makes it so much more versatile.

So I made a little demo with both channels.
I didn't use any boost pedals, just some compression in front of the amp for the clean parts plus an octave fuzz and some reverb for the subtle leads.
It sounds killer with my PRS SE277 Baritone with Dimarzios (crunchlab & liquifire).
Check it out:

So who else has one?
How do you like to use yours?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
I got mine for few months and still love it. I tend to set Bass and Presence on 3 o'clock while Middle and Treble at noon. And then cut some 800Hz and low cut (60Hz) with Boss Eq in the loop. It gets tight and precise - think of one of the best thrash metal sound with plenty of chugga chugga. Congratulations.
It is worth to mention that the loudness of this little beast is more than enough for gig and rehearsals.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
I got mine for few months and still love it. I tend to set Bass and Presence on 3 o'clock while Middle and Treble at noon. And then cut some 800Hz and low cut (60Hz) with Boss Eq in the loop. It gets tight and precise - think of one of the best thrash metal sound with plenty of chugga chugga. Congratulations.
It is worth to mention that the loudness of this little beast is more than enough for gig and rehearsals.

Thanks! Yeah man, it's a pretty amazing amp!

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Can't believe the price of these too - If I didn't have a MKV 25 I'd snap one of these up

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I’ve heard the volume goes from zero to kill fast. Not enough leeway for bedroom volumes? Is it as noisy as people say? I’m digging the clips I’ve heard. Including yours. Enjoy the new amp.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Can't believe the price of these too - If I didn't have a MKV 25 I'd snap one of these up

I also have a MK V 35 but this is a different beast.
More like a Recto.

I’ve heard the volume goes from zero to kill fast. Not enough leeway for bedroom volumes? Is it as noisy as people say? I’m digging the clips I’ve heard. Including yours. Enjoy the new amp.

I thought the low volumes weren't too bad actually and the noise isn't too bad either tbh.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
I got mine two weeks ago, absolutely love the gain channel, well described as you wrote. The notes sound tasty and the amp has fast response also!!

Congrats!

I can confirm that the PRS MT15 can indeed do low bedroom level. I was playing late the other night and didn't want to disturb the neighbors so I kept the volume quite low in half power mode. You just have to be very careful when you turn on the master, but it's definitely possible! Bass and treble 1'o clock, middle 11'o clock and gain around 2-3'o clock.. thrash metal all the way!!

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
My local guitar center is the only possibility. But the selection is usually just entry level garbage. But it’s worth a shot. I might just buy a savage drive to get my carvin v3m more like what I want out of my amp.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
My local guitar center is the only possibility. But the selection is usually just entry level garbage. But it’s worth a shot. I might just buy a savage drive to get my carvin v3m more like what I want out of my amp.

They are popular amps so who knows, they could have one in stock! :)

')